Further Involvement

More
9 years 3 months ago #177518 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Further Involvement
Sorry, bit late to this topic but I just wanted to re-iterate what others have said - you don't necessarily need to sit down with no distractions in order to study the material... :)

I'm currently repeating the Initiates Programme and I've put the bits that we have available in audio format on my phone and am listening to them as I go about my life...in the car, at the gym, walking places, in my lunch break at work...

I find that when there's other stuff going on around me the lectures don't necessarily 'go in' the first time around and it feels a little disconcerting not to make written notes, but once you listen a few times over you start to realize that you're absorbing more of it than you think.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #177566 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Further Involvement

Burn_Phoenix wrote: Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can be more involved in the Temple without increasing in rank? Though I have every intention of progressing as far as possible, I do not currently have the time to perform all the lessons with family and studies etc.

Apologies if this seems too impatient of me, but that's not how I mean it to be, I just have a genuine interest and would like my hectic life to hinder my path as little as possible.

Many thanks in anticipation.

My first thought would just be, "be as involved in the discussions here as you can."

That said, I'm going to echo others and say that you aren't limited by your time here. You're limited by your drive. It took me a long time to finish the IP, because I had life pop up and get in my way numerous times. If you can only listen to or read one lesson at a time, jot down some notes. Compose a post when you have time for that. Rinse and repeat.

The only schedule you're on at the Temple is your own. Take it as you need to.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi