Further Involvement

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176975 by
Further Involvement was created by
Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can be more involved in the Temple without increasing in rank? Though I have every intention of progressing as far as possible, I do not currently have the time to perform all the lessons with family and studies etc.

Apologies if this seems too impatient of me, but that's not how I mean it to be, I just have a genuine interest and would like my hectic life to hinder my path as little as possible.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 3 months ago #176976 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Further Involvement
Any one want to tell him/her my favorite suggestion?

( I feel like a broken record sometimes.. lol...)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 3 months ago #176977 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Further Involvement
Assuming I can mind read, I'm going to say that Jestor is probably thinking greeting new guests :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
9 years 3 months ago #176978 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Further Involvement
Well, there's the donate button up near the top, that helps greatly. Greeting new members in their introductions is a good way to be active, not to mention contributing your opinion in the forums. Honestly, taking the time to invest yourself into the Initiates program is well worth it. Don't rush it, take your time. If you're truly interested in what we're about, and you support it, than start with the program, and take it day by day...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Edan, Breeze el Tierno

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176980 by
Replied by on topic Re:Further Involvement
Thanks guys, I have started greeting people and getting more involved in the forums. I guess I'm just frustrated, I've been here nearly 2 years and have not had the time to progress past the 1st part of lesson 1 :(

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176982 by
Replied by on topic Further Involvement
I completely understand the desire to be more invloved. It's a goal of mine as well, although in what capacity I don't know. For right now I greet new people and contribute to the forums as much as I can while I work on my studies. B)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 3 months ago #176983 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re:Further Involvement

Burn_Phoenix wrote: Thanks guys, I have started greeting people and getting more involved in the forums. I guess I'm just frustrated, I've been here nearly 2 years and have not had the time to progress past the 1st part of lesson 1 :(

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

If you have the time to be involved on the forums, then you have the time to post lessons ;)

Maybe it would be helpful for you to discuss the lessons with others? It might make it easier to get your thoughts together on them. The lessons themselves do not require extensive essays, maybe try start with just a couple lines on each and see how you go. Most of them are available on audio too, perhaps listen to them while doing other stuff? I got through a lot of it while doing laundry!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Edan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176985 by
Replied by on topic Re:Further Involvement
Thanks Goken and Brenna.

I guess it's the time it takes to do the reading/listening for the lessons before posting the response. With 6 kids and university studies I just feel like I'm fire-fighting, being reactive rather than proactive.

I'll get there I'm sure.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 3 months ago #176986 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re:Further Involvement

Burn_Phoenix wrote: Thanks Goken and Brenna.

I guess it's the time it takes to do the reading/listening for the lessons before posting the response. With 6 kids and university studies I just feel like I'm fire-fighting, being reactive rather than proactive.

I'll get there I'm sure.

I absolutely understand. I dont have kids, but I do work full time, run a business and am studying too. Feel free to PM me if youd like to chat about the lessons, or if youd like a hand working out some ways you can make time for the studies here, if thats your goal. Id be happy to help.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Edan

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 3 months ago #176988 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Further Involvement

I got through a lot of it while doing laundry!

I mowed, weedeated, and did mindless tasks...

I listened several times, pondering the ideas and stuff before ever writing a thing..:)

(Ding-ding-ding Edan!! :lol:...)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi