The Three Tenets

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158351 by
Replied by on topic The Three Tenets

Edan wrote:

Aqua wrote: Ren:,,And the best of your mind is that which leads you to focus as opposed to procrastination.'' Why is a mind with focus the best, if I need a complete circle according to the three Tenets.. Understanding needs time, and sometimes haste.. opposed procrastination could bring your mind in unbalance.. :blush:

It will all be unbalanced in the beginning as you figure things out for yourself, but without some focus you won't find a way to build up knowledge or wisdom. If you are always procrastinating, you are never moving forwards.

Now the philosophical way, if I can take the circle of the three tenets as the forward way, I can also take the circle of the three tenets as the reverse way. Maybe opposed procrastination give less unbalance as I thought..

but without some focus you won't find a way to build up knowledge or wisdom, only focus is not enough, I think we need all three to the complete the circle, and we need all three to start the circle. This would mean that we have the circle inside us, but we should discover it with self awareness.

I think that self awareness is the first step to understand the three tenets, to start the circle, the purpose to evolve your very own existence, the way of the three tenets, reason and way of own judgement.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158358 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Three Tenets

Aqua wrote: I think that self awareness is the first step to understand the three tenets, to start the circle, the purpose to evolve your very own existence, the way of the three tenets, reason and way of own judgement.

I use the platonic solid of a tetrahedron for visualizing that sort of thing, with the three points on the same plane connected by direct lines as the 'engine' of motivation, then placing additional points by adding the 4th in another (temporal) plane above (or below) as a reference point of balance in a future context, and 5th point balanced inside the form to represent the balanced position of the others (which would indicate actual perception/self/now). That would mean the initial contemplation of those 3 points as a flow occurs slightly in the past (reflection), meaning the whole thing is a process of sitting the mind into a broader temporal space, a bit out into the future to try and sense out the best patterns or process faster.

I then can expand that by populating each face's created plane to understand 'influence' of each of those factors/point's. It is an interesting visualization to expand upon using the Three Tenets in contemplating the process of thought/awareness.

What is interesting is this technique could prove useful if theories like Causal Dynamical Triangulation , quantum thought anyone!!? LOL, or there is even a theory about reality based on triangulation at http://www.pinterest.com/tetryonics/tetryonic-theory/
:blink:
I don't know enough about it to know if it makes any sense but its fun to work with.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158373 by
Adder, that is such a cool spatial visualization. It is fun to work with. Thanks.

Also, nice work Aqua. What a bright (insightful, deep, sensitive) Novice! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158452 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The Three Tenets

Aqua wrote:

ren wrote:

Aqua wrote: • Focus
• Knowledge
• Wisdom

When used correctly, the Jedi Tenets allow us to better ourselves and overcome any obstacle. They help us improve the world around us and fulfil our purpose in life as a Jedi.

Wisdom is the sound application of accrued knowledge and experience through patient, good judgment. Knowledge can be acquired by focusing on the task at hand. Focus is the art of pruning the irrelevant and pouring the best of your mind into what you are doing.

''When used correctly'', How to use the three Tenets correctly? If this eventually comes to "pouring the best of your mind;'' Than I have the second question, what is the best of my mind?

You know it's used correctly when it betters you and makes you overcome any obstacle. Used incorrectly when you do not reach those goals.
And the best of your mind is that which leads you to focus as opposed to procrastination.

A small reminder of the beautiful text message of the IP of Edan:

Edan wrote: Without knowledge one has nothing to focus one, so alone focus has no real application other than quieting the mind; focus requires wisdom in order to know what one should focus on and how to achieve focus.
Knowledge is good to have, but without focus one cannot learn to filter out what is important and what is not, and without wisdom one doesn’t have the ability to use or apply knowledge and so knowledge accumulates without purpose.
Lastly, wisdom can only come through an accumulation of relevant knowledge and experience, which is found through focus.
When a person lacks one of the three, the triangle is broken and none can be used to its full advantage.
Without wisdom, knowledge may accumulate but it will never be used adequately. Without focus one may learn many things but never perhaps what is needed, or never enough of what is needed. Lastly, without knowledge one is unable to use wisdom to make good decisions.

Ren:,,And the best of your mind is that which leads you to focus as opposed to procrastination.'' Why is a mind with focus the best, if I need a complete circle according to the three Tenets.. Understanding needs time, and sometimes haste.. opposed procrastination could bring your mind in unbalance.. :blush:

A mind with focus is not "the best", in fact I could easily argue that focus with nothing else ranges from foolishness to outright stupidity...
The best of your mind leads to focus, not focus leads to the best of your mind. To focus on a task is not easy; there are parts of your mind that "want" the task, and other parts that do everything to avoid it (because the task requires effort).
My point is that you can identify what the best of your mind is because it is that part which allows you to focus. In fact if you look at anti-procrastination methods, it's all about identifying what part of your mind gets stuff done and rewarding it whilst "punishing" the parts of your mind that do the opposite.

The tenets can't really be explained, you have to work them out as you go along...Is there truly a way to differentiate between knowledge and misinformation? the wise and the unwise? And what if focus is in fact to choose to see the details of nothingness instead of looking at the blur of perspective?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
9 years 7 months ago #158462 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Three Tenets
I am glad Aqua started this thread.. the more I read the more I remember what I have to learn...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158467 by
Ren:,,The tenets can't really be explained, you have to work them out as you go along...Is there truly a way to differentiate between knowledge and misinformation? the wise and the unwise? And what if focus is in fact to choose to see the details of nothingness instead of looking at the blur of perspective? ''

I can not tell if you are right, if you are wrong; I can not tell if I am right, or if I am wrong. I guess that disinformation is still information, it depends on what you are seeking and what you see in it. Disinformation is like an invisible college, not knowing it is there but gives a great deal of understanding why you think it is right or wrong, maybe you find your answer to be neutral in the end..
I could say that information awareness depends on what you are looking for and that we could see this as an chameleon changing from colours, trying form his skin to his background, trying to put his truth to whatever it is, the chameleon decides if he shows it to the world, or keeps it hidden from the world.
Like the moon who changes her form in the light, knowing she has a permanent form in the dark. It is like our mind, we change our view on a subject if we want to, but we can not change our unknown. I hope this will cover both questions :)

Edan wrote: I am glad Aqua started this thread.. the more I read the more I remember what I have to learn...

I hear this more often the last few days, in multiple variations still.. First of all, thank you for the kind words. I am very happy people enjoy talking about the essence of Jediism.

I am told that people do not speak often about the Jedi ways, in form of discussion on the forums. I do not know if I should think it is because people have past there apprentice period, being afraid to go against the teachings or if there is an other reason.. or that I am fully wrong on it, that is possible to. However we are all student, even the high ranked Jedi, teachings are made by questions, understandings and more.

The true compliment should go to everybody who is willingly to talk about Jedi questions, who help to keep this thread alive for the time it is useful.
I do not deserve a compliment just because I have started this thread, Edan. It are the questions that drives us to whatever is to study Jediism, my vision is to share questions, I can not do it on my own so lets share this compliment all together and may many questions follow <3

~Aqua

• ren
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #158509 by ren

Ren:,,The tenets can't really be explained, you have to work them out as you go along...Is there truly a way to differentiate between knowledge and misinformation? the wise and the unwise? And what if focus is in fact to choose to see the details of nothingness instead of looking at the blur of perspective? ''

I can not tell if you are right, if you are wrong; I can not tell if I am right, or if I am wrong. I guess that disinformation is still information, it depends on what you are seeking and what you see in it. Disinformation is like an invisible college, not knowing it is there but gives a great deal of understanding why you think it is right or wrong, maybe you find your answer to be neutral in the end..
I could say that information awareness depends on what you are looking for and that we could see this as an chameleon changing from colours, trying form his skin to his background, trying to put his truth to whatever it is, the chameleon decides if he shows it to the world, or keeps it hidden from the world.
Like the moon who changes her form in the light, knowing she has a permanent form in the dark. It is like our mind, we change our view on a subject if we want to, but we can not change our unknown. I hope this will cover both questions :)

I think you're confusing Misinformation and Disinformation. Disinformation is a crafted lie, the creation of a propagandist... Misinformation is an unintended lie/untruth, a belief that is "wrong".
Take for example a religious belief like belief in god. Disinformation would be if you "know" that there is no god, but tell people that there is one (for the purpose of manipulating them into being orderly/obedient for example). Misinformation would be to believe there is a god when there isn't one (or to believe there is no god when god does in fact exist). And knowledge would be to actually be absolutely certain there there is in fact a god (and there is one)
My point is, whether the information is true knowledge, or misinformation or disinformation, how can you tell which is which? By seing it with your own eyes? But your eyes can only see the things they actually see, an interpretation of a portion of what's actually there...And so I ask, how can you ever (truly) know anything?
My answer would be that I cannot and have no other choice but use faith. I have faith that my eyes see more or less what's there, that my mind more or less correctly interprets that information. Except I also "know" that it isn't always the case... Or do I? :silly:

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158531 by

ren wrote:

I can not tell if you are right, if you are wrong; I can not tell if I am right, or if I am wrong. I guess that disinformation is
still information, it depends on what you are seeking and what you see in it. Disinformation is like an invisible college, not knowing it is there but gives a great deal of understanding why you think it is right or wrong, maybe you find your answer to be neutral in the end..
I could say that information awareness depends on what you are looking for
and that we could see this as an chameleon changing from colours, trying form his skin to his background, trying to put his truth to whatever it is, the chameleon decides if he shows it to the world, or keeps it hidden from the world.

I think you're confusing Misinformation and Disinformation. Disinformation is a crafted lie, the creation of a propagandist... Misinformation is an unintended lie/untruth, a belief that is "wrong".
Take for example a religious belief like belief in god. Disinformation would be if you "know" that there is no god, but tell people that there is one (for the purpose of manipulating them into being orderly/obedient for example). Misinformation would be to believe there is a god when there isn't one (or to believe there is no god when god does in fact exist). And knowledge would be to actually be absolutely certain there there is in fact a god (and there is one)
My point is, whether the information is true knowledge, or misinformation or disinformation, how can you tell which is which? By seing it with your own eyes? But your eyes can only see the things they actually see, an interpretation of a portion of what's actually there...And so I ask, how can you ever (truly) know anything?
My answer would be that I cannot and have no other choice but use faith. I have faith that my eyes see more or less what's there, that my mind more or less correctly interprets that information. Except I also "know" that it isn't always the case... Or do I? :silly:

I like the response, the funny part is, I have gave you answers to your questions before asking them, no offence.. :blush:

Ren:,,My point is, whether the information is true knowledge, or misinformation or disinformation, how can you tell which is which?´´ The answer I gave on this question was that you can not know if it: ''true'' knowledge, misinformation or disinformation. Due to the fact that everyone has an different interpretation of information, due to the different interpretation, every one has a different opinion:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. It could mean that you can only achieve knowledge if you let go ignorance, It could also mean that you have to let go any information, to find new information. It could mean that we have to let go our opinion about knowledge, misinformation and disinformation, and see them all as various forms of knowledge, with an understanding that varies from person to person, Knowledge as an mirror of our own understanding of information. A mirror changes. And so our opinion was born.

Ren: ,,And so I ask, how can you ever (truly) know anything?'' My answer on this question was given:

I can not tell if you are right, if you are wrong; I can not tell if I am right, of if I am wrong. The ironic part is, how can I know everything, if I can not tell if I am right, or wrong? I do not have the knowledge of everything, I do not want to know everything, I want to understand what I see, what I do, what drives me. I see of it like understanding other people to understand myself. Maybe other people have different ways of understanding themselves, I do not know.
Understanding the world around us is secondary to understand ourselves. Understand ourselves gives us an mirror of understanding the world

Now my question: ,,Would you know everything, and what could the effect be if ?'' :side:

• ren
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #158570 by ren
lol we're not disagreing but not quite talking about the same thing either I think ;) just hoping there is more to be squeezed out of this. And apparently there is :) (I also use "you" rather strangely, most often it means you, me everyone else ;) SO EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE JOIN IN lol)

Would you know everything, and what could the effect be if ?

If knowledge ("true knowledge") is accurate complete information, meaning that accurate yet incomplete (or inaccurate) information is not knowledge then there is only one truth, one knowledge, one "I know"....

Which means you either know about everything or you don't know about anything... I like to think we know everything, but cannot access the knowledge due to our minds not being the Force itself, making "ignorance yet knowledge" and "death yet the force" strangely linked.

(I hope that made sense)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158571 by
How a language barrier can lead to beautiful moments, wonderful :laugh:

So it could means that we use our understanding of the force to make decisions, as if we had the knowledge on moment of doing? And could mean that our choices in live are like the choices we make with the force?

I do not know if that was what you meant :woohoo:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi