Looking for initiate study partners!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #148843 by
I've only begun reading but would like to study with one or more people. I do better with someone else to retain the knowledge. I am also trying to bond with the people that should rise through the ranks with me. If you are interested please comment on this topic or message me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this
May the Force be with you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #148846 by Ben
We do have an IP discussion area here . It may not be exactly what you are looking for as the discussion has centred more on the mechanics and practicality of the programme than the subject-matter itself, but it can be used for that purpose also.

My suggestion would be - take the time to read through other people's journals, and if you come across an interesting idea, PM the member to have a friendly discussion about it. Or, ask if that person (or a group of people) want to meet in chat to bounce some ideas around.

Alternatively, if there is a specific concept that you find yourself struggling with or wanting to learn more about, start a new thread about that concept in particular. You will also find that Knights and Masters will be happy to assist if you PM them with anything that is proving tricky to grasp.

Please note that officially, we require Initiates Programme studies to be completed on an individual basis. We want the views and ideas expressed within to be your own, as this will be helpful both for your learning and for our getting to know you. However, that isn't to say that you can't informally discuss and compare your ideas via some of the methods mentioned above. :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Adder, Llama Su,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #148848 by
Thank you ma'am it is the second time you've helped me today May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149086 by
Hi i have no interest in rising through the ranks at the moment, however i will gladly go over any study material with you as i am also new, and open to all people no matter how different we are : )

May the Force be with you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149094 by
Hey Brian! Would love to partner up for studies!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156838 by
Brian
I would like to help you with your studies as I am of the same ilk as yourself pertaining to retention of the info.contact me and we can work together
MTFBWY

More
9 years 8 months ago #156841 by Gisteron
I'm so very tempted to go through that material again, but before I hit anyone any PMs on this one I'd really want to make sure nobody has an objection... Guess the reason is obvious. :unsure:
I will try and not be an influence but I'm afraid I might have to do the devil's advocate here and there, if that's of any use to anyone.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156844 by
I dont think its required you agree with the initiates program, you should be fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156857 by

Gisteron wrote: I'm so very tempted to go through that material again, but before I hit anyone any PMs on this one I'd really want to make sure nobody has an objection... Guess the reason is obvious. :unsure:
I will try and not be an influence but I'm afraid I might have to do the devil's advocate here and there, if that's of any use to anyone.

Challenging someone as the devil's advocate is certainly useful assuming that person is prepared to be challenged and is ready to learn all they can from it. I personally enjoy interacting with you and at the very least you make me reconsider my own thoughts, opinions, and beliefs on a regular basis. Sometimes your objections lead me to find better support for my own position, and sometimes you make me completely reevaluate it. Either way, I can always learn a lot from it.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156880 by Wescli Wardest
Devil’s advocate is an incredibly useful tool in exploring and understanding our own view points. I would say the first part of the IP is to get something from it though.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Wescli Wardest.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi