TOTJO Rites

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #146700 by
TOTJO Rites was created by
Hi,

I've scoured the FAQs and the forums and, despite people referring to their being in various Rites and there being mention that Rites exist, I can't seem to find a list of what Rites exist and what they mean or stand for as groups.

Is there a list out there or do I need to keep my eyes and ears open for clues along the way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 10 months ago #146705 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic TOTJO Rites
The term rites has been changed to sig (special interest group)....I'm surprised it's still listed in the faq as rite....was fairly certain they changed it to sig there....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #146723 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO Rites
It's still informally known as Rites though. Not surprised it's still lurking around in places.

More
9 years 10 months ago #146746 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic TOTJO Rites
Not only rites is changed to sig; the titles has changed too.

It used to be 5 rites (pure land, abrahamic, Buddhist, pagan and sith) but now the current sigs are here .

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su,

More
9 years 10 months ago #146765 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic TOTJO Rites
I would like to understand better the rite of Pure Land.
:laugh:

More
9 years 10 months ago #146770 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic TOTJO Rites
Pure land or Pure Jediist; is the idea of not belonging only to Jediism (or not being a Pagan Jedi or a Christian Jedi or anything like that)

At least that's how I interpret it...

And I believe someone who have been here when they actually did exist should explain instead of me. I also have no idea why am I not stopping typing and why I am moving mouse to click submit... :dry:

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Llama Su

More
9 years 10 months ago #146775 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic TOTJO Rites
I figured and assumed as much... 'Pure' Jedi B)
Perhaps I will get a reply from one of the fine folks who follow the rite.
I am curious and wonder how it differs from the traditional Buddhist sense...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_land

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #146777 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO Rites
I remember Jestor answering this question before. "Pure Land" rites refers to those who are Jedi, and Jedi alone. Jediism is the sole religion of those of the "Pure Land" rite.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 10 months ago #146790 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic TOTJO Rites
I've never seen a written definition of it...

I am only a Jedi...

The rites were here when I started, that's the best definition I could think of...

There was Pureland (which I write Pure Land), Abrahamic, Pagan, Humanist, and Fifth/Sith...

Its probably time I removed it from my signature, lol...

They are really unimportant, as they too, further separate us...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
9 years 10 months ago #146795 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic TOTJO Rites
Life is a nebula of swirling and intermingling paradox ...

Religions, including, perhaps especially ours, - aside the social aspect ; they bring us together - are upaya, they are tools, or yana, vehicles. When one says : "I AM Jedi, Abrahamic, Pagan, Buddhist/Eastern, Sith &c ..." it is almost like saying "I AM a Peugot, or a drill press, or a Boeing ..." This does not prove devotion, but derision. The dimensions of religions reconcile the conflicting aspects of ourselves with regard to the overall experience(s) of Living. We would no more cling to (unless we just cannot put it down) any tool or vehicle, once its use is accomplished. Would one carry about a hammer once all the nails are driven ? Or when one lands at Heathrow, would one keep the aeroplane on one's back for later use ? And we shouldn't worry about letting go (faith), it will still be there when we need it again.
;)
The rites, as it could be made metaphor, are perhaps somewhat like different sectors of a hospital (the TotJO). We come here to heal from the accidents of Life. Yet, given our personal par-courses in getting here, we have all had different accidents. One may need Abrahamic heart-work, or Buddhist brain surgery, or Pagan proctology ( :P ) but the idea is to get well from the treatment -- not to stay in treatment for the rest of one's Life.

Now, that said, I'm not suggesting getting in good shape though the Jedi and then ditching us ... :laugh: We're not quite all better ourselves. But the idea is to get well, get real, get to know who we really are. And just like a heart patient who is cured is not going to stay in the cardiac ward or the pagan with a stick up his ... well, we do not stay anchored in these 'services' (rites).

I also see them as divisions, but have since come to understand how they can be initially helpful (by talking it over with Akkarin) just as it is initially helpful in a hospital to not have psychiatry, for instance, in the same space as the obstetrics ward.

Does that help ? :cheer: Even if not, it was fun to ramble ...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi