Being official Jedi

More
10 years 1 month ago #140980 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Being official Jedi

Akkarin wrote: the issue with the US (which I find very worrying and suspect) is that you don't have to reveal your finances as a charity.

They have to be available for perusal on request, but they don't have to be out in the open all the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141062 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Being official Jedi

Alethea Thompson wrote: Sometimes you can talk your S-1 (or equivalent) admins into getting you Jediism put on, but those that will are few and far between- in the Army. There was a guy in the Marine Corps that couldn't get his to do so either. So it's up to the person you talk to, if they follow regulations you will not get Jediism/Jedi on your tags, period. It's not official until they recognize Jediism officially.

And when I get back in, I may find myself reworking on the issue with the Chaplain Corps. :)

I'm U.S. Air Force Active Duty and we can officialy put them on our tags. I know for sure two guys from two different bases got "Jediism" and "Sithism" respectivly on their tags. The only thing the regs say is what line the religion is on. As long as the tags match the vRED (My vRED says "Other", so the tags specify) the inspectors are happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 1 month ago #141819 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Being official Jedi
These taxes/fees/whatnot are sometimes called tithes...and are quite common in many mainstream religions...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
10 years 1 month ago #141826 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Being official Jedi

RyuJin wrote: These taxes/fees/whatnot are sometimes called tithes...and are quite common in many mainstream religions...

The difference in those two ideas, however, is that one is mandatory.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141829 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Being official Jedi
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi