Dress code

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7417 by
Replied by on topic Re:Dress code
oooh I can't wait to see the pictures of you in your Jedi clothes it sounds beautiful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7418 by
i would be delighted to see peoples jedi robes. i for one am thinking of waiting for after halloween and Xmas as i'm thinking the price of fabrics will drop slightly.
unless i get lazy and decide to just cough up the money and bug War Beauty to make me one... :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7420 by
stevef : I have a Full length fully lined wool/wool cloak with hood that I had some one make for me for the Minnesota Renaissance Festival from scratch and not only is it awesome it was made very well and will last me till I return to the Force, I coild not find a better quality garment in a commercial market if I tried and it was worth the price, my point is what ever War Beauty makes you if you go that route will most likely be far nicer then what you could find on the rack. :)
Plus it will be more personalized for you.
MTFBWY

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7423 by
well....fabric where you are is less then it is here, however, i am a smart shopper now that i'm a fulltime seamstress. Moji, about how much did ur robes costs u?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7427 by
ok. here are some REALLY bad pics that i just took. i'll make prettier ones that look all good, but just so you can get an idea for now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7428 by
here u can see i lines it with Gold in the hood and in the sleeves. Large and billowy, it's made of thick strong linen.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7431 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Dress code
That`s a great job Perris! Well done. I could imagine this cloak being used in ceremonies such as on weddings...

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65487 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dress code
I have found me chosen outfit however I am not currently able to afford it. Thank I may soon have a new job at which point I will be able to get it. Although I do have my hilt coming within the next week if UPS can be trusted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65546 by

Lupercal wrote: I have found me chosen outfit however I am not currently able to afford it. Thank I may soon have a new job at which point I will be able to get it. Although I do have my hilt coming within the next week if UPS can be trusted.

While having these things is pretty awesome don't get caught up on thinking that you need to have them because you really don't

I have robes and they are great! But if for whatever reason I lost them I probably wouldn't get any for a long time (or ever) simply because they are really not a priority

You and your actions are what makes you a great Jedi, not the symbols you wear and carry with you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65592 by
I can't see the pictures which is a shame.

I'd like to have a modern style of 'robes' which don't stand out and make you look like a monk. I prefer to blend into the crowd.

A hooded jacket or jumper but with a slightly larger than normal hood, with the bottoms being a practical day to day martial arts wear, so you have the flexibility to the legs.

I have the ideas in my head but I doubt I'll have the time or know how to make them a reality.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi