Dress code

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7383 by
Dress code was created by
When the physical Jedi temple opens, are attendees encouraged to wear any particular kind of clothing? Are the clergy? And since I have never been to any such gathering , do Jedi usually wear Jedi like garb?
I hope these questions doesn't seem offensive to anyone.
I am in the planning stages on piecing together Jedi garb anyway.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7384 by
Replied by on topic Re:Dress code
Decimus wrote:

When the physical Jedi temple opens, are attendees encouraged to wear any particular kind of clothing? Are the clergy? And since I have never been to any such gathering , do Jedi usually wear Jedi like garb?
I hope these questions doesn't seem offensive to anyone.
I am in the planning stages on piecing together Jedi garb anyway.

Absolutely. There is however no standard dress for a Jedi nor is there one for clergy. That, like our individual beliefs, is up to each Jedi for themselves. Some of the other members will surely share their Jedi Garb and how they came about them. I myself will be sporting a more traditional Jedi Tunic, tabbard, etc...however I will wear a Chasuble over this.

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7402 by
You will find most here will refer to their Jedi garb as their \"Formal Robes\". If I am able to attend, I will be wearing mine, to include a ceremonial lightsaber hilt that also points to the mythology our order is based off of. It has taken me about three months to complete mine. There are several links to good sources for finding the various parts of the Jedi garb in the General section of the forums. You might have to dig a little, but they are there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7407 by
I too Force willing would attend the grand opening in my formal Jedi Order outfit, just to let you know you can find outfits on line for reasonably priced to very expensive, but you do not need to spend a lot of mony on it as the meaning of the Jedi Robes are meant to be a symbol of simplicity and modesty, what ever one wears is only a symbol of our devotion to what we belive and you don't need outer wear to believe you are a Jedi, it just looks cool and helps with your frame of mind, just as a karate gi is appropriate for karate and a Tai Chi outfit is appropriate for theirs, you can still do karate in street clothes.
Just a thought.
MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7410 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Dress code
mojiimoto wrote:

I too Force willing would attend the grand opening in my formal Jedi Order outfit, just to let you know you can find outfits on line for reasonably priced to very expensive, but you do not need to spend a lot of mony on it as the meaning of the Jedi Robes are meant to be a symbol of simplicity and modesty, what ever one wears is only a symbol of our devotion to what we belive and you don't need outer wear to believe you are a Jedi, it just looks cool and helps with your frame of mind, just as a karate gi is appropriate for karate and a Tai Chi outfit is appropriate for theirs, you can still do karate in street clothes.
Just a thought.
MTFBWY

...very well put, my padawan! ;)

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7412 by
Anjil Tora and I are starting a business for the Temple. it's nowhere near ready yet, but i'm a seamstress and he's a designer, so we are going to start custom robe making. just an FYI for guys. i also do Robe repairs!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #7413 by Jon
War Beauty wrote:

Anjil Tora and I are starting a business for the Temple. it's nowhere near ready yet, but i'm a seamstress and he's a designer, so we are going to start custom robe making. just an FYI for guys. i also do Robe repairs!

Sounds good. I think you will have quite a bit to do.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7414 by
yea. i imagine i will. The reason that costuming is soooo expensive is because not only are people asking for money for their time (it takes a good bit to make a ful set of robes, and make them good) but the price of fabric sky-rocketed! i meade my cloak, but it cost me around $80 once i had all the embroidery and fabric and it was all made. I make all my costumes by hand, but for the bigger jobs i use the machine. And i use machine washable fabrics that are thicker so they protect against cold and stand up to actual everyday wear. i'll post some pictures of mine. It's all white, with gold embroideries and gold lining on the inside of the hood and sleeves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7415 by
Whereas mine have black outer robe, black tabbards, black belt, black boots, sand brown tunic, and dark gray pants.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #7416 by Jon
War Beauty wrote:

yea. i imagine i will. The reason that costuming is soooo expensive is because not only are people asking for money for their time (it takes a good bit to make a ful set of robes, and make them good) but the price of fabric sky-rocketed! i meade my cloak, but it cost me around $80 once i had all the embroidery and fabric and it was all made. I make all my costumes by hand, but for the bigger jobs i use the machine. And i use machine washable fabrics that are thicker so they protect against cold and stand up to actual everyday wear. i'll post some pictures of mine. It's all white, with gold embroideries and gold lining on the inside of the hood and sleeves.

...fit for a King!:cheer:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi