What it is that is our Mission.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #528 by
Actually I have an argument against that theory. Perhaps i will share it in a post of it's own under Philosophy section.

But as far as love blinding you i think I covered that in my previous post. But here it is again. Yes it can, that is why we must be mindful of our thoughts and feelings at all times. Not just when they are negative.

3. Jedi must maintain a clear mind; this is achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become cluttered and infected by forces and attitudes that we encounter every day, and must be purged of these unnecessary elements on a daily basis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2326 by Jon
If the Force is something which connects and flows though everything how can there be a dark or light side. Are the dark and light side not just interpretations of the same common Force. Expressions which its users bring to life. It it is my decision whether I want to conquer or free. If the force was negative and positive would it not be divided in itself and be programmed for autodestruction, just as happened in the Star Wars saga between the empire and the rebels. Indeed the is no clear cut good or bad in anyone (whose perfect?), but then who makes use of the Force 24 hrs a day. Indeed alot depends on how you see things, but isn`t the usefullness of a tree judged by its fruits and not how we see them. In the case of the Sith who kills others and is honoured, you try and explain the dead and their relatives that. There is a decision to be made, how do I want to use the force?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2327 by
\"The user holds the shade.\" That's what I was told. Five simple words when I asked about the Unifing Force that binds us all being light and dark. It explained to me the answer very simply. We all have the Force flowing through us and are aware, or learning to be aware of it's movements. Our emotions, if not controlled, will dictate how we use that flow. The shades, I believe, are there for simplicity of explaination. It's always easier to tell a child something is bad or wrong if there is a clear cut line that can be shown to them. With the Force, there is no line in the sand. Our actions are what create the line. If you do thus and thus, it is of the Dark Side of the Force. If you do thus and thus, it is of the Light Side of the Force. That's why the Code, Creed, and Basic Teachings of Jediism are so important to us. They are our line in the sand, if you will. They not only show what we believe, but act as a guideline for us to follow. When we start to lose our way and stray off our course, if we remember them, they act as our lighthouse to take us back to safe harbor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2328 by
In a very simple way, the one defines the other.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 11 months ago #2395 by Jon
It is also new to me that the Dark side of the Force is an intelligent and willful entity which can be conquered. If it were so, our chances would be very slim. This would mean that we are but pawns in an ultimate battle between Dark/Light of the Force.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2404 by
Wow, well after almost an hour trying to catch up with this discussion, I was finally able to catch where it got heated. Although it is a difficult situation to understand especially for someone on the receiving end of an injustice or perhaps the victim him/herself, it all boils down to this Dragon: \"Love the sinner and hate the sin\". One, it is not our job to condemn except when chosen in a court of law to aide in doing so. Two, they will receive their just rewards upon their death, whether it be brought on by the state or from natural causes. Three, they are human, whether they choose to act like humans or not. This post comes with a heavy heart as I have been on the receiving side of a wrong. Not directly, but via a person very close to me that was wronged as a child. Did I wish death and suffering upon the perpetrator? Yes. Probably still do. What will happen if I meet him on the street? Hopefully the right thing. He was not convicted of anything, but that does not make him any less guilty. But, it is out of m hands.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 11 months ago #2410 by Jon
I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately the person who did monstrous things to me has died, and I will never know how I would behave in his presence. All I know is that my hate took up a lot of my time and energy, and amazingly enough how I behaved in completely different situations. There has come a point where I could forgive him, the rest lies beyond my control. Coming to think about it this was certainly an experience of the Dark side. I looked in the mirror and did not recognise myself.

Rev. Hans Finch O.C.P.
Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2413 by
On a long discussion you can try the threaded view up at the top and it might be easier to navigate.

Br. John

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 11 months ago #2461 by Jon
I had an interesting conversation with a non Jedi lady who somehow got onto the subject of Light and Dark. She said that any amount of light no matter how weak lights up a dark room. It can also be carried with us. Darkness on the otherhand nomatter how vast can extinguish the light. You can`t carry darkness from one room to the other. Do we not over estimate the power of darkness?

Rev. Hans Finch O.C.P.
Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2466 by
As you said, my friend, a light in a room, no matter how bright, lights the room. That given, there are corners in that room that for whatever the reason the light has not reached. There is still darkness there, unless you move or focus the light to that area. Once the light moves to another part of the room, the darkness starts to creep back to fill the area light has just left. Darkness can not put out the light, but it can fill the space where light is not. Especially if something is keeping the light from reaching a certain area. You don't need to carry darkness from room to room, for it is already there until pushed out by the light. But as I said, as light leaves one spot, darkness moves in to take it's place. We can easily replace the word \"room\" with ourselves. That is why we meditate and focus on the light, so as to not let things be in the way of the light reaching every corner in our beings. So, that being said, no. I don't believe we over-estimate power of darkness. It is ready to to take the place of light at any moment. At the first sign of the dimming of the light, darkness starts closing in.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi