What it is that is our Mission.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #496 by
I dont think i can touch this topic. Its very debatable.I guess i would have to say that it all comes down to what actions your beliefs lead you to do. fear is a part of all of us. And we know what it has done to countless people down throughout history. i think it will take a special and difficult kind of self conditioning to create within us the ability to master our fear. That is the goal for myself as a jedi.

strength and serenity to you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #497 by
Gandalf: He hates and loves the Ring, as he hates and loves himself. He will never be rid of his need for it.

Frodo: It’s a pity Bilbo didn’t kill him when he had the chance!

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?

Gandalf: Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

i also think theese words are very powerful.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #499 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

I appreciate that Jidunn. I really do. Have you also experienced this?No specifics are necessary of course.

I believe that was the inference when...

I wrote:

.......experience with being the victim or being in the immediate family of a destroyed victim....................

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #500 by
I'm not certain that it needed to be pointed out to me in that manner but I understand.

I should say here that this experience has been the overall guide for my compassion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #502 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Ok, I agree with most of HesinRaca's post with the inherent respect upon birth. I do not however agree that they are continued worty of respect after commiting such things. I do not and will not pity anyone, whether it is a sign of love or not, pity is also disrespect in my eyes. Lack of pity though is not a sign of respect either mind you. In pity-ing someone, you disrespect yourself as well. You allow yourself to be distracted and/or weakened either mentally or spiritually by others shortcomings. Let me put my view this way, maybe to make it more understandable for those who disagree with me. When I say that these sort of criminals are not deserving of our love or respect I say that because I believe that what ever they deserved before those actions have now been forfeited to the victim(s) of their crime. Instead of spending resources to help the criminal, they should be directed toward helping the victim. Whether those resources are monitary, spiritual prayers (depending on religions),gifts, counseling and so forth. Concider it sort of a reparation for crimes commited. Of course this \"reparation\" would not exclude the criminal from other punishments, like at a minimum, life in prison with no possibility of parole. I do infact agree with Jidun's comment about execution (go figure right). Once all court proceedings are finished, and there are no more appeals, why spend so much money giving these people a free place to live? The homeless would be better deserving of those funds. It costs about 6 cents for a bullet to the base of the skull. Maybe if these would be criminals had to fear for their life, instead of a free ride on the system, they would not commit these crimes in the first place. IF they still did, they would know the consequences of their actions. That would be TRUE JUSTICE.

Dhagon Krayt

So Much anger here.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #506 by
I am curious, Do you see my Love as a weakness?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #507 by
let me tell you a story...

Since birth,i've been an only child. Imagine how lonely it is to be one. But growning up, there was one man who has been even closer then a brother to me. My whole life. He was my hero, my father figure. When he was sent out to Iraq, imagine how devestated i was! I was so worried, after hearing about all the beheadings and all the bloodshed and danger. I was overcome with joy when he came back. The man i loved more then anyone, who promised he would always be there and would never abandon me, he came home safely, and whole. So imagine now how i felt..how i feel now. Two months after his wonderful return, he was shot! Bled to death almost. Tore his insides apart. He died before i could say goodbye. before i could tell him how much i loved him. My war hero, my brother. The man was found, and arrested and rightfully so. I went to visit him, to see him and look in his eyes. But i felt was hurt, not hate. i don't excuse what he did, but i forgave him none the less. Remember, hurt...but never hate. So you have no right to stand there and tell me that they deserve \"true justice\". Because they hurt to. So why should we punish someone so severly just for hurting? why?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #515 by
NO, I do not see your love as a weakness. For many Love is what gives them strength, strength to live and go on, and to get up every morning. Sometimes, I believe love can hinder your ability to make clear decisions. This can be seen all over. As a matter of fact, if anyone happened to see Medium last night, it was a very...touching episode if you wil. I'll describe:

The man, had brain cancer, and only had like 2 months to live. He got fired from his pretty good job, and in turn lost his pension and so forth. He knew that no-one would hire him back and give him medical benefits, so he went back to his previous place of employment and took hostages. Basically he did everything he could to get the money he felt his wife and son deserved for his death, by means of his pension. Eventually I think he took some things he designed and sold them to a competetor of the company somehow, before he was in turn killed due to the hostage situation.

My point is, that he did that out of love. He love his wife and kid so much, that he didn't care that he killed two men and was going to kill another man and a pregnant women, to make sure that no-one knew where the money had come from for his wife. He just wanted to make sure that his family was taken care of after his death.

Sometimes love blinds you. Sometimes it gives you strength. Its pretty much identical to anger in my eyes. Not the base of the emotion of course, but the outcomes can be the same.

War_Beauty, I understand that some people do things out of desparation like in the story above, and possible even in your story. That however does not make it excusable. The thing is, there is no way for you to know what the cause of his hurting that you felt was. He could be hurting because he actually felt bad for what he had done. It still won't change what he has done. Or he could be hurting, because he got caught and now saw the bed he had made to lay in for the next 20-30 years or so. Or he could be hurting because he hadn't thought out his plan and now realized that he wouldn't get to hug his wife or kid for the next 20-30 years. I don't feel bad for that man, and neither should you, he made his choice. If you want to feel for someone feel for his family, and the family of your close friend, for they had the choice made for them, and now they have to live with his decisions, as you do. I am sorry for your loss, don't take my words to say otherwise. I do not know your friend, but as a member of our armed forces, and someone whos been to Iraq as well, I'd venture he'd rather you not feel for the man who killed him, but rather console yourself and his family and possibly the family of the killer before the killer himself. Like I said though, I didn't know him, he may have been much more compassionate than myself, and most that I know.

Dhagon Krayt

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #518 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

My point is, that he did that out of love. He love his wife and kid so much, that he didn't care that he killed two men and was going to kill another man and a pregnant women, to make sure that no-one knew where the money had come from for his wife. He just wanted to make sure that his family was taken care of after his death.

Sometimes love blinds you. Sometimes it gives you strength. Its pretty much identical to anger in my eyes. Not the base of the emotion of course, but the outcomes can be the same.

This is also true. We must, as Jedi be mindful of our thoughts and feelings. Both good and bad. This is actually laid out in our doctrine as follows:
3. Jedi must maintain a clear mind; this is achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become cluttered and infected by forces and attitudes that we encounter every day, and must be purged of these unnecessary elements on a daily basis.
as well as:
11. Jedi must let go of obsessive attachment, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions creates the fear of loosing those possessions, which can lead to the Dark Side.

So you see this is not an area in which we argue.

I would however argue that the man did the wrong thing. He should not have broken the law no matter how much his family would gain.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #527 by
I'm not saying I agreed with what he did, I was just pointing out the fact that sometimes love blinds you. He did it for the money, but not for money's sake, it was for the sake of his family. He felt he had no other option, therefore gave his self no other option. Its another case of \"perception is reality\".

Dhagon Krayt

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi