Sharing a Myth or two

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350178 by Carlos.Martinez3
This thread is dedicated as a Pastor to be able to share a Myth or two we have come across and want to share with others. So many times I wish we were face to face and here is where I would invite others to join in and share some time and effort.
So, by example - here we go!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #350180 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’ve been fascinated by the Anansi story’s and they have so many different names and tales that it’s such a large part of the world to search through.

There’s one I use in my life

Anansi the Spider by Gerald Mc Dermott was where I first found it. Television actually - a American show called Reading Rainbow with Levar Burton. First - not me I saw on TV that I noticed but didn’t care. Full respect.

Find the story - I’ll always paraphrase because I hope it Interest you to seek...

Anansi has 6 sons. He gets lost and gets eaten - spider and all. One son notices dads gone to long and calls every one in. Spider senses tingled -literally hahaha
Each one was named for their character. Each one used their character traits to get to and rescue dad from a fish he was in. At the end- they were all called family.

African Myths and Tales by Susan Feldmann is where I found a beginning of how Anannsi or Ananse- came to be who he was. (Same one - he goes by many names- country was huge and tribes didn’t have cellphones... a joke.) Minimal communications over vast stretches of wild terrain. Some story’s and Myths I find are like that.
From what I’ve read - A spider is smart and Anansi uses his wit to become - as the story is retold by Susan Feldmann
Let the “Sayings of the Sky God “ henceforth be called “The sayings of the Spider.”

Huge leap forward - Huge responsibility given and earned. He took the responsibility.

Now from your Pastor- that was from the book worm. Smiley face

Anansi was given a huge responsibility and the actions he took were so much set ups for later. His kids could do one thing so well, they were such masters , they were called directly by what they did. It was who they were. At the time of need - everything he needed was present. One kid built bridges, one was a game master - so on and so forth. Each was what exactly - catch that - exactly what he needed.

Good stuff from and old story miles away from where I grew up. Took me about 20 years to finally validate a few things but- there it is. Worth a look see.
Jedi are smart - be smart.
Anansi was smart.
Hmmm a Myth worth looking at if ya like but ya don’t have to take my word for it.
Force continue to be with you.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350181 by Carlos.Martinez3
My Temple - feel free to share alike.

If

You

Dare

You ARE invited - I love a good story and I love a good story validated- I like em made up too- bring what ya got.

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350191 by Vampiric_Conure
**Pulls up with a plate of cookies and offers the plate to the others**

I have a story that I really enjoy telling. It's Inuit in origin and involves the Sun and Moon. I nabbed it from a book on Aboriginal tales and it's been with me every since.

There once was a man who had two children, a son and daughter. He brought them hunting one day and while they were out, a great snowstorm came and the family was separated. The father found the daughter but couldn't find the son. Saddened that he had lost his son, he returned to the village with his daughter.

Fast forward several years. One day the father was out hunting when he comes across another man. They two start talking and the father invites the stranger to the village. They two quite like each other and hit off right away. Once there the stranger meets the daughter and it's love at first sight. They fall madly in love with each other.

The stranger stays for some time and the father's mood starts to darken as he feels he knows this stranger. One day he corners the stranger and tells him the story of his lost son. The stranger is shocked and says that he doesn't remember his origins, except that he was lost and found. The father shouts - 'You are my son! Welcome home!'

The daughter, of course, walks in on this and freaks out. She says 'I can't believe this! I love this man too much for him to be a mere brother!' and she takes off. Her brother chases after her. As they run, the brother becomes the moon and the sister the sun. And that explains why the sun and moon are always chasing each other, never to meet.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350200 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Moon and the Sun - I have found so many Myths with explanations and story’s of these two subjects everywhere. I love the balance and the way each story is told and retold. I like looking at them both. So many times I tell the sun and the moon their story from our world. Good stuff! Thank my for sharing.
***Grabbing the cookies **
Where did you first hear or find it ? If I may ask? Family hearsay Research?

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350202 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Sharing a Myth or two
My people believe that the ancient ones came down on a flying Flint knife . These beings ( some tribes call them star people ) had magical powers and bestowed great knowledge to my ancestors . Such as mental working , building , and astrology . Also legends of flying canoes in the sky that land with creatures that give great knowledge . Before these myths we're the prehistoric stories told . I heard most of these from my grandmother . Some of these myths were talked about in lesson 1 of the IP . I heard other legends about Tor and mythic God's from my uncle . I read into a few myths , some Greek and Roman classics . Some things I found interesting was in the dead Sea scrolls particularly the books of Thomas , Mary Magdalene , and Enoch . I like the concept of the watchers in general .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350337 by Vampiric_Conure

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: The Moon and the Sun - I have found so many Myths with explanations and story’s of these two subjects everywhere. I love the balance and the way each story is told and retold. I like looking at them both. So many times I tell the sun and the moon their story from our world. Good stuff! Thank my for sharing.
***Grabbing the cookies **
Where did you first hear or find it ? If I may ask? Family hearsay Research?

Yeah, it was researching my aboriginal heritage :) I stumbled across a book... for life of me, I can't remember the name or author, but it was filled with aboriginal tales from all over North America.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350338 by Vampiric_Conure

Malicious wrote: My people believe that the ancient ones came down on a flying Flint knife . These beings ( some tribes call them star people ) had magical powers and bestowed great knowledge to my ancestors . Such as mental working , building , and astrology . Also legends of flying canoes in the sky that land with creatures that give great knowledge . Before these myths we're the prehistoric stories told . I heard most of these from my grandmother . Some of these myths were talked about in lesson 1 of the IP . I heard other legends about Tor and mythic God's from my uncle . I read into a few myths , some Greek and Roman classics . Some things I found interesting was in the dead Sea scrolls particularly the books of Thomas , Mary Magdalene , and Enoch . I like the concept of the watchers in general .

Even the ancient Egyptians had their Gods sitting on a barge in the sky as the sun rolled around the earth. Your comment on the flying Canoes brought it to mind!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350375 by Carlos.Martinez3
Boats

Boats in myths and story's have always fascinated me as well.

Needed direction
Arks Boats
Hope
My favs... know any besides the obvious ?

There is a boat that ferry's folk in almost every other culture and the one who is charged with the task. I love the direct contact sometimes thats given after death. The boats man the boats lol

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 11 months ago #350776 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment B18FD770-4170-45CE-9340-471912A36069.jpeg not found

Build, not tear down.