Pastors Journal

More
3 years 4 months ago #356960 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Pastors Journal
There was a day I went to the movie. I snuck in. Me and a guy named "Chato" and my two twin cousins who are bigger than life itself. Even at the age of 13- especially. So, after any good movie, as a youngling- I am Bruce Lee after the movie or Arnold or any action star on the silver screen. Swinging sticks and brooms we all got in trouble that week. I watch a lot of movies. After a while, as I got older, the movies began to seem to merge and fit together for me, like they all had the same idea. As I got older, I no longer wanted to swing a Saber like the Jedi but something about their CHARACTER began to make sense. How they acted and how they didn't got me thinking. The more I found out about Star Wars and the authors and influences and it turns out... there's more. There was a group of people looking for the same thing I was. I met them and here I am until I glow BLUE.

No place is perfect. We have been here for going on 14 years and the Ebb and the Flow of things can be seen in every single person here. A Modern Day Jedi has the ability to create and seek out any CHARACTER trait they like in the name of their faith and their pursuit of wisdom and knowledge in their path. When I found this place, I honestly didnt know what to think of it all. Now that I am Pastor, it takes my breath away to see others do the exact same thing i did. Ages may differ and some of us DID pay for a ticket. *smile
But our story is the same. Ask any modern day Jedi what's their story and it may sound like a story... familiar some where, like a dream or a remembrance of time or situation.

The Hero's Journey isnt for everyone but for those who it is for... May the Force we share be with you as you seek it.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeth Windwrecker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356963 by Zeth Windwrecker
Replied by Zeth Windwrecker on topic Pastors Journal
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/carlos-martinez3/124367-zeth-windwrecker-apprentice-journal?start=40#356961

Zeth Windwrecker

Teaching Guru: Raxicorico

Apprentices: Open to new students

“No, failure is not the end. It is a necessary part of the path” - Master Eno Cordova

“Remember, persistence reveals the path” - Master Jaro Tapal

“Our mistakes are in the past... It's about what we do next that’s important” - Cal Kestis, Jedi Knight

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358395 by Carlos.Martinez3
Freddy Prince Jr is a strange cat.

I loved his dad and I support him.

He said one time

"I know more about the Force than most people, because Dave Filoni taught me, and George Lucas taught him. And all these video games have fucked people up on what the Force is. Luke’s skill doesn’t dictate whether he wins or loses,” Prinze says, indirectly addressing the “Mary Sue” complaints that surfaced in the wake of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “The Emperor doesn’t dictate whether he wins or loses. The Force dictates who wins or loses based on balance.”
https://www.slashfilm.com/freddie-prinze-jr-star-wars/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsnb61JPmM

Fair warning there are swear words in this and A LOT OF EM lol

Thi sis information not Affirmation.... hope this helps a bit...

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #360369 by Carlos.Martinez3
The First Story tellers as via The 25 th Edition of The Power of the Myth on DVD.

Bill: The stories are sort of, to me, like messages in a bottle from shores someone has visited first.
JC: Yes, and your visiting those shores now.
Bill: And these Myths tell me how others have made the passage and how I can make the passage.
JC: And, And ....Also what the beauties are of the way.

My own emphasis in bold and italics at the end, thats the part that got me. Never only, but for so many more reasons, can one find so much more in the Jedi Way. There ARE beauties to being Jedi. Man could I tell you over some sweet tea...

I think that can be one of my own CLEAR goals in my own ministry. To share the beauties of beign a Modern day Jedi. In this we can give hope. I cant tell you over ONE glass of tea how many times PASSED peoples path has paticularly influenec my own path. There IS a peace to being JEdi we can all feel at times and its that peace that can some times connect us as well. Some call it the HUMAN factor, some call it the ALL SPARK of life, some even call it the soul. Regardless of the TITLE of connection we share, ITS THERE. One I hope to build more are the beauties of the path as well. This is almost always my "defence against the dark arts" when dealing with the ol....PEACE IS A LIE idea. Have you experianced any of the beauties of your path? What are they? Why not? We CAN. Name them. Write them down and exoeriance them again. Revisit them. Re-Turn.When all else fails- return.

One of my beauties is the fact that being a Jedi in my real life has helped me to become more aware and I am on suuuuuuch a better path than I had been on. Many of us can say that on just information we learn here alone. I was introduced to Joseph Cambel Oficially by this place. I had read One prior book and had one but never put two and two togeather. I never said" oh, hes the guy." Im glad I have let some of his stuff sit for a bit.

The Beauties of the path.... The flowers in the field or the good stuff for rigth now.. The fruits of the vine...Taken.... The glow of the Saber ..... nahh just journaling now.

Remeber why you chose - what you chose.

Remeber? Dust it off or clean it or even , use it again, what ever that IT is.Some times I forget how beautiful my mate is untill I look into their eyes for longer than a few seconds, its a worry eraser for me, the eyes of my love. Try it. mehh! Or not. Return to what was once...Beautiful. Your choice. Some are reminders of the beauties of life and paths and some are like salt, both needed for nutrition and balance. Both in the same doses.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
2 years 11 months ago #360395 by Carlos.Martinez3
I get good questions on and off line. One is the "Why two suns." In the Star Wars world there are more metaphors than you can pen some days. What something CAN be taken for is up to each of us but there are CENTRAL idea that exist. Something to think about here and follow me if you will...

The Mask of Eternity is a place on a wall in a cave on a island in the harbor of Bombay. Real place. There is a 3 faced figure on it. The center is the mask of God and the two are...
"When ever one moves from the transcendent, one comes into a field of opposites. These two pair of opposites come forth as male and female from the two sides. One has eaten from the tree of knowledge, not only of good and evil, but of male and female of right and wrong, of this and that and of light and dark. Everything in this field of time is dual... past and future, dead and alive, all this, being and non being, is, isnt."
Joseph Campbell -Masks of Eternity when asked about the Mask of Eternity from the Power of the Myth
Star Wars is NOT the only place you will see two suns or two moons in the horizon in science fiction, see why its common? On the horizon there is always a choice... "or so they say."
HAPPY SEEKING
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
11 months 1 week ago #372579 by Carlos.Martinez3
My dear brothers and sisters,
The image in the mirror… is me. Sometimes we don’t see until we are through. Vague I know, but keep this in mine.
In the hero's journey, the hero embarks on a quest, faces various challenges and trials, and ultimately
[3:38 PM]
emerges victorious. However, along the way, the hero often requires assistance from external sources to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles. This is what Campbell refers to as the "rescue from without."
In the context of Jediism, the concept of "rescue from without" can be difficult to recognize in the moment. Oftentimes, we may be so focused on our struggles and challenges that we don't realize when external assistance is helping us overcome these obstacles.
It is only in hindsight that we can appreciate the importance of this external support and recognize it as a "rescue from without." Looking back on our journeys, we can see how the help of others allowed us to overcome difficulties we may have thought insurmountable.
For example, imagine a person who is dealing with a mental health crisis. They may not realize at the time the significance of the support and encouragement they receive from friends, family, or a therapist. It is only after they emerge from their struggles that they may look back and recognize the importance of these external sources of help.
Similarly, in the example of the single parent and child with a chronic illness, the parent may not immediately recognize the significance of the community support they receive. Only later, when they reflect on their journey and see how the help of others allowed them to provide the care and support their child needed, can
[3:38 PM]
they recognize it as a "rescue from without."
In Jediism, it is important to cultivate a sense of gratitude and appreciation for the help and support we receive from others, even if we don't immediately recognize it as a rescue. Through this perspective, we can learn to see our struggles as opportunities for growth and recognize the importance of the community in our journey towards enlightenment and fulfillment.
Also remember that we are, at times, the rescue from without. We are the friend that can rescue them, we are the ones they need guidance. This is our opportunity to help them return them to the path of Jediism before them.
Remember, The path of a Jedi, is not easy. Through perseverance, we will succeed.

Sent by Z

As a Jedi, I have the opportunity to reflect as often as I like. I can take time to set up and even just reflect on command some days. It does flow by itself some days. There ARE moments I can just "be" and meditation starts or reflection begins automatically. It takes work and dedication to come to places and times in our path like this but it can be achieved. One of the many paths one can take in reflection is the time to actually do it and remember all what happen. The Hero's Journey works like clockwork if you can come to any place of identification. IDENTIFICATION IS VERY HELPFUL IN DEVELOPMENT OF RELATIONSHIPS AND CONNECTIONS. Who plays what part? What roles do "we" play for ourselves and others? In THAT light, we understand that there is a "SELFLESS" path that exist. One of the ideas common in EVERY Jedi is the selfless. Many people begin to understand that life is full in any version of it. Most time we seek AID in understanding and application of the things we find.

You were never alone.
One of the things that can be a brighter and much more evident through the Hero's Journey is the fact that we as the main character in OUR own story and we have people who assist us in our paths. Most time they do it without recondition or without notice. Here, the idea is not to build up falsely or even give some one too many pats on the back, that tends to lead down other means of reflection.
Sometimes you feel alone. Even encircled by many we can still feel alienated and even alone. As you venture though your study and Seminary, take the time to think about those things that "pop" in. Most of the AID we receive is external and someone else's map. Think about that. The elixir others share or the ideas or comfort they bring is only from what they know themselves. Can it work for me? Does it work that way for everyone?
As Cergy, we are the external AID. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Take some time to find a few myths, stories or even ideas that demonstrate this. Most times, rescue or understanding comes. Most time it is from no merit of our own. Sometimes it may come from the most unlikely places and people. What do you have to offer and what will you pass to the next generation of people? Can you notice the outside help and can you, be it? These are two questions that if you can crack, PLEASE share. Take the time to Reflect on your past and your current situation. Most times, the selfless involves others. Most time it does. You, haven't noticed? Reflect on how many times and how you were sent aid from a outside source. It's all from a outside source if you don't make it in house. Understanding things like this helps. Where does your AID hail from and how do you keep it? 500 words or more on the subject of external aid.

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi