Pastors Journal

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #343911 by Carlos.Martinez3
Self explanatory.
Im gunna post things and links and messages thoughts - kinna like a cork board to just post things and keep organization flowing. I’m gunna be using this to post pastor things n such. Ain’t got a place for it so ima try this. Who knows - might work may not .
Feel free to read but it will be locked after each post so it’s not intended for direct chat as much as I want it for review and reminder and such.
I’ll post sermons questions links stuff like that. I use my meditation journal but that’s located in the Knights forum with limited access. Here it open and public and private.

Here we go

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #343932 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Pastors Journal
My hope is always for tomorrow. I love being pastor here. I’ll tell ya why. The people. This position is not for the meek. Just imagine - a Pastor position normally has its ups downs - it’s a calling more than anything really - if it don’t fit - chances are it won’t fit. It will be obvious right ? So , it’s those that reach - that reach back. If spirituality is the clergy side then the reach out and the reach back is that spiritual connection. Do we douse the few spark for all the wet towels? Do we allow unbalance or do we accept it? Do I? I’m the accepting type. I tolerate little in real life. Don’t get me wrong / tolerance vs. acceptance is a huge thing in the real world. Here too. I notice things that are constant. I think we all do. What to do with them - ahhh that’s the big questions.
I often tell myself - right now what’s up. Look around and see what’s present - some would say live in the now - there’s a whole slew of ways to say the exact same thing. I met a old lady who used to say when she was having an unbalanced day she would thank her Jesus for everything in her house individually - till she felt grateful.
What a great thing to do. Just start identifying what’s really present and be thank full. What a concept. Till I remembered! Till something changed inside - not others but in me. Thank you for letting me serve you Temple. It’s in the seek - the journey - the connections where I grow. Mahalo my Temple - I fell in love with y’all today - again.

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344043 by Carlos.Martinez3
I would love one day to have a definition ... a still growing definition, of our faith. As a Pastor, I understand and try to apply the “round table” method as often as possible- it’s good for me and I love to hear the group think with each other rather than attack. Who doesn’t. The idea is to find different definitions of our faith from actual - application. Real people real practice. Real definitions from the actual source. You That’s gunna be a hard find as well as a hard seek... but so far truthfully - I got 3 so now is a good time to pin it somewhere and here is the proper place for them. I’ll keep a eye out for em! I’m not looking for direct - jediism verbatim type of thing-this is this or that is that ... I would love a thousand definitions of the same faith to bring every day... ya know - learning what the Force is and the Force of others ... I think that would make the Force I call Force - grow. Hmmmm

Edit add:
“Its your personal experience that proves or disproves the efficacy of a protocol. Research should absolutely help inform us but its not supposed to be a substitute to personal and practical experience and judgment, especially in areas where there still isn't very much research thats even been conducted to begin with” obi1.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Health-physical-fitness-and-wellbeing/122968-is-reiki-a-form-of-force-power?start=60#344404

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 5 months ago #344328 by Carlos.Martinez3
People don’t come to the temple in masses. I didn’t - People don’t come to the temple in herds. I didn’t - People come to the temple as individuals. I did. Shouldn’t that reflect our doctrine? Shouldn’t it be as applicable and as vast as the actual individual itself? Things to ponder - things my wife yells at me while eating a whopper with me - Gotta love her! I do! How - that’s the better question today. How do I apply ! That’s what it’s all about - how do I apply what I have found or learned. Today’s a good day to be a modern day Jeddist.

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344356 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m not a stick in the mud. Sometimes there has to be moments where there’s a need to stand tall. Having that option is not easy and not as easy to stand on either. Funny thing - from just talking and making the effort in the past as just me - Carlos - now ... those connections are paying off. At least they are present , not sure if paying off is the right term. They help at least. The part I stand on is the part I took time to introduce and wait and “hassled” others for info and time and effort. Now as pastor here I can stand in the fact I’ve spoken and dealt with a few things ... at least I can bring that to the table of experience. Truthfully any one can do what I do. I’m not special but I am willing ... I think it’s the willingness after time that people respond to. The reach back. Clergy reaching back - boom!

There are many more yes s - than no s as a modern day Jeddist. Wish I could shine and show em all but as the good book says with things like this and change- it’s better to shine not blind -
A Jeddist book of change ... soon to be posted on the forum
Sharp can become wily and un content. Dark - light- bad leans on good good on bad, good hides bad ,dark hides light , does it have an end? Is there a standard, definition? All exist in equal amounts, everything. Constant perplexity and uncertainty can and does exist.
The idea
Take not hurt / remove not harm.
Turn without disfigurement/ carve not deface.
Lead without divide / guide not lord.
Show, not blind / add not weigh
This is a big one for Jeddist today.

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344476 by Carlos.Martinez3
A lot of upset that I find - here as well - is the old man.

The old man. That past ideas or ideas. What used to be. What happens before. Our past. The dinosaur. The dean man. The old song and dance. The past!
Most times I’m fighting or working through what wasn’t mine to begin with. Most times with politics it’s always how there wasn’t ... or who said what or what once was.
Balance.
How do you balance everything all the time.? My advice- Be flexible - be as water - be ready be ever willing to return as many times as needed.

Brother Lee Patton - Pastor of a church I grew up in, said one time - “the dead make the dead- the living make the living. “
I ask myself often - who am I dancing with or what and why?
I want to dance or work through anything - I can and I will but sometimes I feel like I’m dancing with zombies.
What a different type of struggle Present. Kinna neat. Some zombies just need to be let go. A lot of the past should be let go.

Lesson 8
Essay 9: Letting Go of the Past

We teach that it is important for a Jedi to let go of the past and to not dwell on it. We need to remember that things gone by can no longer be changed.

What do you think this means?

How and where does this teaching tie into acceptance, acknowledgement and forgiveness?

Why do you think this might be important for a Jedi?

Chris Rice in a song said one time “ freedom from myself will be the sweetest rest I’ve ever know... “

The freedom of letting go can create more freedoms. If the dead make dead then truly the living make the living. Depends on what we choose or in this case who we are dancing with.

Attachment 7AD8A631-5724-4661-AEB0-FE40F560E816.jpeg not found

Attachment 1925BAF7-02F0-431B-8265-4720FA155805.gif not found

Attachment CF42E3DE-1F20-486F-B5F1-70AEAF725904.gif not found

Attachment FFCB6B16-C7CB-4010-B7B6-94E3630FAA25.gif not found

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:

More
4 years 5 months ago #344479 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.ted.com/about/our-organization/our-policies-terms/ted-talks-usage-policy#h2--ted-talks-for-for-profit-companies

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 5 months ago #344483 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://socialimpact.youtube.com/

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago #344651 by Carlos.Martinez3
I love new blood.
It means it ain’t me. (not a drop)
Stagnation creates nothing and is often predictable.
Evidence of change is sometimes - new blood.
Welcome to the change.
Yea- that means you !
Welcome, we have been waiting for you.
For those who have been faithful this whole time with that hope for tomorrow , today can be that tomorrow. Time to get to work!
Smiley face
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago #344906 by Carlos.Martinez3
I want to express this clearly. Leaders - Pastors - spiritual leaders- them folk... smiley face- it is soooo beneficial to understand ones own faith and have ready already research and answers for certain things. The basics of their own faith is something I would hope each individual understands clearly enough to explain to some one else NOT familiar. It’s a hope never a necessity.
This is my answer for this question till I find more or things come clearer.

Where did Jediism come from?

In the beginning there was a movie released in 1977. In the beginning was the fan. It was the fans that began to independently share more than just cinema and likes but a bit... more. It was the fan that began sharing connections and time and effort - together. There is where today’s modern day Jediism began. As we learned, we began to realize the idea of a Jeddist was created somewhere in between ideas of George Lucas and Joseph Campbell and what we saw represented on screen. As time went on many different ideas and interpretations became organized and created. Many different denominations and orders and “classifications” can come from something like this , a very open and self reflective type of idea, very applicable. We are in that time of modern day Jedi ism where new denominations and orders are happening as we speak. Modern day Jediism is fairly SUPER young. We can all agree on that, hands down. It’s these fans sharing and sharing connections and discussing and agreeing disagreeing and learning and making and organizing and learning as we grow- what IT is. Radio and internet have changed and shaped it as well. Today, we have all sorts of possibilities and they are growing every day it seems.

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi