Clergy Roles and Responsibilities

More
6 years 9 months ago #288674 by Rosalyn J

Nakis wrote: Question: In terms of workload (per work week) between the positions, what is required time wise and how do you want to break it down?

So, if between both positions there are x amount of hours needed, what is considered acceptable for a volunteer position to handle? Is there enough work for 2 people? Can they be both in the same position and tag team the job? In terms of man-hours, what is needed and how best to divvy that time up?

Edit: For clarity, I am attempting to change the topic from responsibilities down to how long those responsibilities take to help determine workload as opposed to duties. If the associated duties require excessive time, then the duties would be looked at in the normal course of business for additional bodies to handle the workload.

To respond to this
I don't think there is enough of a workload to justify two positions. In terms of hours, I estimate that the Secretary should block out one hour per day at least. That whole hour may not be used, or it may bleed into an hour and a half. But there is not enough to jusify say 3.5 hours for two people.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288714 by
Replied by on topic Clergy Roles and Responsibilities
My experience of being Clerical Secretary was more like an hour per fortnight... whilst we always look to do more, I definitely don't think this will be too much for a single person.

Rosalyn J wrote: Slight change. If you will look at the schematic, you will see there is only one secretary. Down at the bottom. Personally I never saw the point of more than one. In my mind, the Synod does not have to be a voting body, it has to be an administrative body that carries out the logistical plans of the clergy. I want to make this happen in the most efficient way possible. The original schematic had two arms with a secretary for each, but in giving the Assistant Pastor to the Seminary a secretary, I basically left that person with nothing to do. So I have updated the scheme in a way that I think will work best and I am putting it forward here for feedback. As it is, Secretary to the Clergy is a big responsibility, but it can be handled by one person with sufficient time and prioritization skills.

I have removed Secretary to the Synod. Please have a look. If you are totally against it, please tell me why, ok?

I need your help to tell me if I have gone off the deep end :P

For my part, and given some experience of the Synod, I don't see the need for a Secretary for the Synod either. The primary function of that role was to coordinate votes, so its removal is consistent with your stated vision of returning voting authority to the general clergy, and in actuality there are few activities specific to that role which couldn't be handled by a single Clerical Secretary.

For me it's a good move indicative of your desire to devolve power to the general clergy. We've had the "too many chiefs" issue since Synod was founded and this is a step in the right direction.

And like anything... if we realise it's a mistake at some future point, we can always correct it.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

More
6 years 9 months ago #288755 by Rosalyn J
Other thoughts here? I'd really like to hear from as many as possible

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 9 months ago #288864 by Rosalyn J
I'm a little concerned that I have only gotten opinions from a few clergy here. Whats going on here? I'm really depending on you all to make the best decision

Here is the issue at hand:
---
Slight change. If you will look at the schematic, you will see there is only one secretary. Down at the bottom. Personally I never saw the point of more than one. In my mind, the Synod does not have to be a voting body, it has to be an administrative body that carries out the logistical plans of the clergy. I want to make this happen in the most efficient way possible. The original schematic had two arms with a secretary for each, but in giving the Assistant Pastor to the Seminary a secretary, I basically left that person with nothing to do. So I have updated the scheme in a way that I think will work best and I am putting it forward here for feedback. As it is, Secretary to the Clergy is a big responsibility, but it can be handled by one person with sufficient time and prioritization skills.

I have removed Secretary to the Synod. Please have a look. If you are totally against it, please tell me why, ok?

I need your help to tell me if I have gone off the deep end :P

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288873 by MadHatter
Honestly, I think you have just made a good plan and case for that plan so that people dont feel much need to comment. I think what you put forward looks perfectly workable.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294876 by
I was wondering, if possible, could the Clergy Records become part of the office of the Secretary for the Clergy, and become a required step for the intake/ promotion/ demotion/ renouncement to ensure its use and accuracy? Maybe it could be discussed in a meeting, at some point? :) :blush: I would like to give full document access to Atticus and remove my own document access if it is bound to the office of Secretary.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/112442-totjo-clergy-structure?limitstart=0
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #294884 by Rosalyn J
I don't see why not

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294892 by
See no reason it couldn't be. I've been treating it as if in any event. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294896 by
Thank you. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi