The Block

More
21 Oct 2024 11:41 - 21 Oct 2024 12:48 #378071 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Capability - The Force does not ask of our ability, only our availability. In opening to The Force, Its capabilities flow through us. Indeed, clear intention is not enough, Jedi do.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine

Let us start Monday and this week opening a can of worms. 
We are Jedi
We believe in the Force.

One of the things we also share is the fact that we believe that the Force connects all living things and we also believe in the inherent worth of all living things.

The Force does not ask for our ability...

Why is that? Why does the Force not know what I can do? Doesn't the Force know how vital I AM ?  This is said jokingly. 

But this is the very idea that is dangerous and almost menacing.

To be available is to be in the present moment.

Most times, what we think is not what is present.

Humans have a hard time dwelling in the present moment.
We always think about the future or the past.

It takes active practice.

So today, I wish to share this idea, Jedi are not individualist or even individuals. If it is the Force and the understanding we seek, then it is not us or our own understanding we seek.

We do not seek, us.
We do not seek our own way.
We strive to understand our thought, feeling and will. Jedi teaching 5
We strive.
Something happens when we try to learn what humility and selfless is on our own, without aid from the outside.

This day in age, we have heard so many things about doing your own thing or that it is ok to be yourself. It is. I encourage people to understand who they are.

Do you know what is present when you are present?

Do you know the level of love and mercy and hate and pain that is you? Do you understand, you?

What can happen is we begin to try.

There is nothing wrong with our try's.

We have a saying on the farm, no one tries harder than we do. But this is a dangerous thought, really.

9 times out  of ten, I am going to muddle something.

It is ok.

The idea is to take some time to understand what we really do here as Jedi.

"  In opening to The Force, Its capabilities flow through us."
We are Instrumental.

When this word hit my mind, heart and will, it changed me. Instrumental. 

How does one be instrumental to the Force?
Here is where we all enter.
We can have every intention to do "good" or well enough. Our intentions can be helpful even.

But as a living thing connected to everything that lives, my own thoughts, feelings and will are but a small part of the entire flow.
So why is it that we think we know it all and are better suited to understand what, "everybody " needs??
This is a dangerous spot to dwell, when we think we wield the Force. When this happens, it ceases to be the Force, and it becomes a force of our own.

Most days, our clear intention or our own will can become what hinders the natural flow of things
Rather than a flow, we can become the obstruction in the flow.
It happens all the time.

To be present is the way to be more than what we think our clear intention is.
What is the selfless path one can take?
Where does sacrifice and bliss enter a Jedi's life? What is sacrifice and bliss?
​Selfless can be described as the quality of thinking more about the needs, happiness, etc. of other people than about your own
It can be - less selfish. Less full of one's ego.

One of the best examples of selfless I have is to take a cup and dump it out. The wanting to fill it is what can be unlearned. We, with a full cup, can be the same as an empty cup. Be with the cup.

Our own ego is the hardest thing to understand.

When we begin to understand this, we can see it.

When we see it, realize it is not the Force.
Know the Force does not want to do what you want. Thankfully, the Force does not want what I want this morning.
It is not as selfish as I am
There is no intention like I have.

My encouragement to every Jedi is to be present. In this moment, you can be instrumental. Or you could just get in the way and call it the Force.
This happens.
Jedi do.
Jedi do what?

Remove your intention and understand it, when you do, you will realize it is not the Force. There will be a quiet silence when this happens. Take it.

To force one's presence or ideas is where we know we do not want to be. To force the Force to our limits is not of the Force. The only way the Force reaches all is some days to remove myself from the equation. Then I am instrumental to those present.

Capability - The Force does not ask of our ability, only our availability. In opening to The Force, it's capabilities flow through us. Indeed, clear intention is not enough, Jedi do.

May the Force be with you all,
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 21 Oct 2024 12:48 by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Fractal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2024 18:21 - 21 Oct 2024 18:22 #378074 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic The Block
Great sermon, thank you. we have a similar hermetic concept - following your true will, or THE WILL - thank you for this master pastor. 
be instrumental 

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team
Last edit: 21 Oct 2024 18:22 by Tetrahedron. Reason: emoji fix
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZeroVerheilenChaotishRabeMorkanoRiniTaviKhwang