No one was supposed to die.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7607 by
Replied by on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
why is everybody suddenly talklingabout them lightsabers here ??? :blink:

mojimoto ... i have to tell you that over here in germany, this:

the more people know that we are serious the more we will be taken seriously, no more snickering at the notion that we proclaim our selves Jedi,

is unfortunately not the case, so far the first reaction has always been the same -.-', and i'm sure i don't have to explain what i mean ;)

so do you mean, we should wear lightsabers all the time, wherever we go, like christians do with the croos on their neckless ? or do you mean a more ceremonial thing, or just when we \"meet\" ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7612 by
The wearing of lightsabers is ceremonial and for gatherings if the Jedi so chooses. They are not requirements. They are not intended for daily wear, as yes, it will draw attention to us, but it may very well not be the right kind of attention. They are not meant to be a show of our faith as with the Christian cross or the wearing of saints or whatever. I believe Moji was talking metaphoricly anyway.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7613 by
You are correct Justice, the lightsaber is more for formal attire and ceromonies, it is like , the Marines when they get dressed up, most of them do not carry a sword, unless you are a guard.
I only jest a little and as Justice said I was speaking metaphoricly about the Jesus and lightsaber thing, why are we talking about lightsabers all of a sudden, well it had to come up sooner or later, it's bound to come up now and then especialy when we get new people, i'm sure it is one of many questions we all ask from time to time..

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7616 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
Maybe we should lighten up on this a bit, and leave this up to the individual.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7617 by
Yes master, I agree, the individualism is importamt self expression mandates our apperel and accoutrements. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7621 by
and more important i think it would be to discuss that in the topic where it is already discuss, and not in here, for this is about something totally differen ^^ ... so back to topic i suggest ... but attmitedly, i can't remember by now what it was ... -.-'

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7633 by
I think I may have confused some of you, and for that I am deeply sorry. WHat I meant when I said wear your lightsabers and wear your lightsabers with pride is that we need to carry the title of Jedi proudly, when people ask tell.

JUst to clear that up a bit.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi