No one was supposed to die.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #7553 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
Justice wrote:

Please do not take any of the following as an insult or trying to hurt anyone's feelings. That is not the purpose.
Though I think the drama used could be useful for those that witnessed it, I have to make a point. We don't go out and tell people about the Force as Christians do about the Christ. We can share our beliefs with others, but we don't try to recruit like that. We are not trying to convert individuals to belief in the Force. Our belief in the Force isn't going to save us from any pending punishment after our deaths. We believe we return to the Force. We are taught not to fear death as it is a natural part of life. This drama played on people's fear, simply put. A fear of not doing enough. A fear of not sharing their belief in Christ. A fear of wasting time. A fear of death and what might lay after.
I'll concede the point we fail a great many times to live in the present moment. Always thinking about the past and the future, but never happy to just live in the moment. Never paying attention to where we are. What we are doing. The eternal present usually never crosses our minds. We fail to focus on the Living Force.
As Christians, yes, you are commanded to share your faith to try and prevent others falling into eternal damnation. Accept what you have to say or not, that is the gift of free will given by God. But you would have done your part. You told them and then the choice is up to the person.
So, yes, a very motivational drama, indeed. The questions is, were the driving motives of action the right ones or just fear?

...I would like to add to this that we do send a Jedi message in what we do and are. And its neccessity is underlined in trying to stear others from the self destruction of the dark side.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7554 by
Replied by on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
I must agree with Br. Justice. The primary goal of this exercise is a means to control the witnesses by fear. To control them to go out and \"do the lords work\" or \"spread his word\". Here in Jediism, we (well most of us anyways) believe this is a path that has to be chosen by the individual. If you are meant to follow it, you will find yourself drawn here or to another Jediism site. Recruiting is for those who wish to swell thier numbers with people, not necessarily open to the beliefs. We would prefer our members or potential members to be open to the ideas presented, and to be searching for the \"missing link\" if you will between their actual beliefs and the religion in which they follow, or to be searching for a new or different belief system all together. An exercise like this would never work in a Jedi camp, we would all be saddened by the loss in this physical plane, but rejoice in the passing's rejoining to the force.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #7556 by Jon
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

I must agree with Br. Justice. The primary goal of this exercise is a means to control the witnesses by fear. To control them to go out and \"do the lords work\" or \"spread his word\". Here in Jediism, we (well most of us anyways) believe this is a path that has to be chosen by the individual. If you are meant to follow it, you will find yourself drawn here or to another Jediism site. Recruiting is for those who wish to swell thier numbers with people, not necessarily open to the beliefs. We would prefer our members or potential members to be open to the ideas presented, and to be searching for the \"missing link\" if you will between their actual beliefs and the religion in which they follow, or to be searching for a new or different belief system all together. An exercise like this would never work in a Jedi camp, we would all be saddened by the loss in this physical plane, but rejoice in the passing's rejoining to the force.

DK

...yes indeed!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7557 by
oh dear fellows ... as i had problems with my internet browser -.-' i couldn't post what i wanted to post in this thread ... and by now it has been already said ...

so i can only say that i totally agrre with Justice and what he says, for it is pretty much the same i wanted to state ...

and i too agree with dhagon, CAUSE HE SAID EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN ABOUT TO SAY WHEN MY CONNECTION WORKED FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES ... -.-'

nevertheless one point i would like to add (no ofense!) but your idea (taarndoneto) reminded me a bit of the crusades ...

the path of jediism is path every individual has to decide on its own whether it is willing to follow it, as we are not striving for power, we don't depend upon the number of our members ... because a member truly connected to the force outnumbers anybody else who is forced to believe in it

we are not dependend on and meant to recruit followers ... like the Ori are ^^ (insiders will know what is meant, when further information requested i am willing to say what i'm on about)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7590 by
THe crusades however was voilent and a complete debauchery of the words and life of CHrist.

As for how it can affect our faith of Jediism, is that even if they are called by the force, we are the forces tool's, we need to be \"ready to give a defense for the faith that we have\" and not be so timid that we don't share what we have found.

I don't know about all of you but Jediism has changed my life for the better, so why oh why whould I not want to share this thing that is full of good? What possible exscuse can I have not to share something that has changed my life so drastically and for so much good. IT would be selfish not to do so.

I am NOT suggesting you annoy people by sharing and sharing and going door-to-door, but share with those that ask why we carry our sabers.

Carry your sabers with pride, and don't be ashamed to tell others your a Jedi is all I have been trying to say, i guess.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #7595 by Jon
taarndoneeto wrote:

THe crusades however was voilent and a complete debauchery of the words and life of CHrist.

As for how it can affect our faith of Jediism, is that even if they are called by the force, we are the forces tool's, we need to be \"ready to give a defense for the faith that we have\" and not be so timid that we don't share what we have found.

I don't know about all of you but Jediism has changed my life for the better, so why oh why whould I not want to share this thing that is full of good? What possible exscuse can I have not to share something that has changed my life so drastically and for so much good. IT would be selfish not to do so.

I am NOT suggesting you annoy people by sharing and sharing and going door-to-door, but share with those that ask why we carry our sabers.

Carry your sabers with pride, and don't be ashamed to tell others your a Jedi is all I have been trying to say, i guess.

...as tools of the Force we have to be mindfull of it`s ways and not how we would like to....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7598 by
exactly this is what i mean Jon ^^

of course, i didn't mean this violent way of the crusades, it just reminded me of them ^^

actually ... hwat do you mean by \"carrying our sabers\" ?

you know, the path of a force is a path which has to be discovered by every individual on its own ... we can at most advice them

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7600 by
Some of us wear, with our formal robes, a ceremonial saber hilt. It is meant for nothing more than to point towards the mythology our order was founded from.
I never said not to share your faith in Jediism, I just said we don't try to gain converts or try to get people to \"see it our way\" as many other faiths do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7601 by
B) I do like to share the good news, the fact that we are around in thias community should be celebrated, the more people know that we are serious the more we will be taken seriously, no more snickering at the notion that we proclaim our selves Jedi, I agree that ours is the way to gain members by letting the force lead them to us of there own free will, that is how it should always be.
When I was a small child I was forced to go to church, granted my parents were seekers and I tried lots of faiths, some of them I did not want to go to and when I asked why I had to go , they (my parents said ) \"Because you have to.. if you live under our roof.\" that is when (as a teenager) I started to rebel it would be years befor I would set foot in a religious organization, then one fine day out of the blue I felt it was time and it felt right, no one forced me , I went on my own free will as it should be done no matter what, if you know what you want in the beginning that is fine but for some of us it just take a little longer or not at all, people should be allowed not to feel pressure to belong to any group it it is for them then they will of their own free will join you or us gladly just like I did.
having objects that tie us to who we are is a good thing it is a point of refrence but it is not the only thing that makes us, the lightsaber (untill the real ones come around) are a symbol of light, protection and justice, a samurai who is very skilled never needs to take his sword out of the tsuba to dedend him self, as we would wear the lightsaber as part of a symbol just as our robes reflect who we are as a community, it is mear coverings that projest our Order and it is the heart of the Jedi like the samurai that to wear the mantel of our faith, just as preist wear the cross, that is their lightsaber, Hmmmm christ as a lightsaber for christians. Just a thought.
MTFBWY

Mojiimoto Jedi Padawan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7602 by
B) I do like to share the good news, the fact that we are around in thias community should be celebrated, the more people know that we are serious the more we will be taken seriously, no more snickering at the notion that we proclaim our selves Jedi, I agree that ours is the way to gain members by letting the force lead them to us of there own free will, that is how it should always be.
When I was a small child I was forced to go to church, granted my parents were seekers and I tried lots of faiths, some of them I did not want to go to and when I asked why I had to go , they (my parents said ) \"Because you have to.. if you live under our roof.\" that is when (as a teenager) I started to rebel it would be years befor I would set foot in a religious organization, then one fine day out of the blue I felt it was time and it felt right, no one forced me , I went on my own free will as it should be done no matter what, if you know what you want in the beginning that is fine but for some of us it just take a little longer or not at all, people should be allowed not to feel pressure to belong to any group it it is for them then they will of their own free will join you or us gladly just like I did.
having objects that tie us to who we are is a good thing it is a point of refrence but it is not the only thing that makes us, the lightsaber (untill the real ones come around) are a symbol of light, protection and justice, a samurai who is very skilled never needs to take his sword out of the tsuba to dedend him self, as we would wear the lightsaber as part of a symbol just as our robes reflect who we are as a community, it is mear coverings that projest our Order and it is the heart of the Jedi like the samurai that to wear the mantel of our faith, just as preist wear the cross, that is their lightsaber, Hmmmm christ as a lightsaber for christians. Just a thought.
MTFBWY

Mojiimoto Jedi Padawan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi