why do they hate us

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17051 by
Replied by on topic Re:why do they hate us
Yes that is true that Jesus was a Jew, and that yes Jesus is the cornerstone for the Christian faith, but you do bring up a good point of tolerance Master Hans and reminds me of a qoute and and can not quite remember who said it \"As long as there has been One God there has been killing in his name. Will this ever cease only that One God will know.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19769 by
yes but wasn't it the romans that sentenced him and put him on the cross? Yes the jews gave jesus to the Romans but i dont understand why anyone should hate the jews for what the Roman's did.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19771 by

Oegiho Caifove said:

yes but wasn't it the romans that sentenced him and put him on the cross? Yes the jews gave jesus to the Romans but i dont understand why anyone should hate the jews for what the Roman's did.

Actually if I recall biblical history correctly it was the Jewish hieracrhy of the religion that turned Jesus over to the Romans for trial. And it was done out of fear of loss of control of the religion because of the teachings that Jesus was saying. So in essence the Jews were as much responsible as the Romans.

If I am wrong someone correct me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19772 by
The Romans were 'asked' (cough paid) to 'Deal with a rabble rouser' (trouble maker)

Jesus was a pain to the Jews for what he said, and was a paain to the Romans in terms of crowd control and a host of other excuses.

Simple solution (read bible) who or what does the crowd want? the new guy in sandals nailed (excuse pun) or the 'lovable rogue' released... we know the answer I think.

As for modern times, Master Jon wrote As long as all faiths believe in their way to be the road to deliverance the will be no tolerance. Whilst this I agree with, this is what I think of this (I don't mean to be seen as misquoting here)...

If we (or anyone) who doesn't 'follow their religion' are doomed to eternal damnation, is this not our problem and not their concern? IE if we chose to not to believe xyz then why should they care what happens to us?

That may seem an over simplification, but its worth a consideration.

Whilst on the subject of old 'grudges' I think its fair to say, most if not all the religions have offended (for want of a better description) someone else at some point in time, admittedly some more than others.

There is an old saying about Religion being the biggest cause of fights, im inclined to agree.

MTFBWY - A

More
15 years 5 months ago #19808 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:why do they hate us
Here is an article about Jediism full of hate, venom and total ignorance. http://spittingvessel.blogspot.com/2008/05/jousting-with-jedis-and-jediism.html

I'm rather proud of my response I must say. If you (members) feel compelled to respond to this blog please remember that you are a Jedi and you don't want make his case for him that we are all lunatics, or worse, rude.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19810 by
Br. John i read your article and i read your response to all the comments to it. I think that was very good of you to say so and i almost responded but realized i would have said the same thing :)

More
15 years 5 months ago #19811 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:why do they hate us
i really lik the responed that
u giv Master Br John it made
them look lik little girls
i really lik this part \"Your
article is like a book review
without you having read the
book. Far from discrediting
Jediism you've only managed
to prove you have not done
your homework.\"

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19817 by
May The Force Be With You Master, Br. John. I shall not post, because I feel that on post with everything in it is better than a thousand posts shouting at the same person.

Well posted, I think i'll keep up to date with this topic and see what their reaction is after your post. If indeed they have read the front page, then there is no excuse for their obvious and complete disregard for other people's faiths and beliefs. Those are the people who we must battle with in order to be taken seriously.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #19824 by
Akkarin wrote:

Those are the people who we must battle with in order to be taken seriously.

Surly, anyone with a glint of intellect will see our faith does no-one any harm, whilst it may take a long time, even beyond many of our own life times, the day will come when our faith is no longer seen as merely 'a bunch of StarWars Geeks' especially if the current scientific understudies really do make tangible results

(see thread 'The REAL Force'

http://templeofthejediorder.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=94&func=view&catid=3&id=19794#19794 )

Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion, obviously we cannot allow others hand out lies about us. I shall have a read of this in my leisure but im sure its a case (once again) they somehow fear us.

MTFBWY - A

PS Sorry, I had to reply to that blog... hope its satisfactory and doest cause anyone here any offence
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19826 by
Sorry, me again :D

I had to add another reply... if you goto the blogger link and read the right hand side and read the description of the guy who started this 'blog' you will find it rather amusing when you consider it may sound familiar to yourself.

Anyway, I had to make this point in his blog :D ok, it was the Dark Side that may be do, I hope it serves a useful lesson though :D

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi