• Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18075 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
Ok, so.
my proposal. see what you think.
Martin Luther King Jr. day. simple observance
May 6th: simple observence

in order to make so that no one misses out. the week of May 25th shall our major \"celebration\"
culminating on the 25th itself..now we just need a name
how about each of the days being named after a fictional Jedi, starting with Anakin Skywalker on the 18th, Obi-wan Kenobi on the 19th, Yoda on the 20th, Qui-gon Jinn on the 21st, Mace Windu on the 22nd Revan on the 23rd, Kyp Durron on the 24th and back full circle to Luke Skywalker on the 25th itself
August 25th: Chivalry day. (why? well because the word \"August\" and there are no holidays in August and it feels left out.)

November 30th: Light Day, celebrate how you like

well, if there are any changes you'd like made or come up with any better jedi for those days post it here, if not then we'll make this official

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18080 by
Well, the purpose of holidays are usually because something significant happened on that day and it needs to be remembered. Or something happens on that day each year and is celebrated. So why August (aside from 'it feels left out') and why the 25th. Also, the days being named after the fictional Jedi might bring more stereotypical fingers pointing in our direction. Like 'did you hear, the jedi actually celebrate Anakin Skywalker day' we are attempting to get away from those finger pointing. I very much like the idea of Chivalry day. It needs to be done and the Light Day. But the Light Day could be on the Summer Equanox and the Dark Day could be on the Winter Solctice (I think) where we celebrate the light that is within all living being and the on the Dark day we contemplate the dark aspects in all things and ourselves. (or contemplate light and celebrate the Dark for sith) IMHO

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18131 by
Well, Jedi Sanctuary say May 4th is their holiday... think about how we say this date

May (the) Fourth....

May the force be with you

May the Forth be with you...

boom boom very funny...

food for thought but too corny even for my sense of humour

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #18878 by
you're probably, right, naming the days something else would be better, maybe naming them for Jedi Ideals, or Virtues, like courage, Temperence, things like that would be a better Idea eh?
I like may 4th too.... I still think a whole Month of Observence would be acceptable
Light Day, on the summer Equinox, and Dark on the Winter.....sounds good, but for christmas, and yule
sounds good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #18879 by
this topic has kinda been moved too Jedi Liturgical Calendar

Just thought youd like to know :D

MTFBWY - A

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 6 months ago #18880 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
;) Got you!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #30786 by
I don't think we should have many holidays related to Star Wars if we want to look like a serious faith.

I say we should have Victory Day instead of D-Day.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30838 by
In thinking about this, I'm thinking that honoring the birth of Star Wars each May 25th is okay.

But I'm also thinking that we're young enough that the only other holiday is December 25th, which is the day TotJO officially founded (in 2005). That would be for TotJO only, of course.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Corrected my own error...woops!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30880 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
http://templeofthejediorder.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,96/func,view/catid,53/id,27262/

This has already been set up an on the day you mentioned RedHeron. As you will see in the event calendar it is coming up.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Jon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi