Jedi Holiday Commitee

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15802 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
Regarding meals: I dunno, we could always fast on the 25th of May (as to have a feast may be against Jedi training of fitness and, for some, asceticism).

As for other holidays... Life Day is not out of the question, is it? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15804 by
i'm cool with \"life day\", unless carrie fisher sings.... then i think it becomes \"painful bleeding ear day\" :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15810 by
stevef wrote:

i'm cool with \"life day\", unless carrie fisher sings.... then i think it becomes \"painful bleeding ear day\" :)

Haha! Maybe we can get Perris to sing it, then it won't be so bad. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15976 by
Yeah, I like The Idea of May as the Jedi Holy Month. we can say that as the last month of full spring in the year, it is the time when the Living Force Resonates strongest within us, which Is why George Lucas was born in may who created, with the in no way insignificant help of Joseph Cambell, The Jedi, and why all six parts of Star Wars were released in May.
I definately think Joseph Cambells Birthday should be on the List, as well as Alan Watts,
I also Like Earth Day, In baton Rouge Earth Day is a Major Event and I'd definately like to establish a Jedi Presence during the celebrations.
I think that as for celebrating, I think we all should on those days stop and reflect on their meaning for a period, and maybe on some days fast, on others go out and help the community with wild selfless abandon, on others just gather and have a good time,
Xmas has to be in there, the largest holiday in america and one dedicated to charity and goodwill! I can see it now, Jedi walking about town in red and white trim robes!
ok... um..... keep those Ideas coming guys, will keep this up for about, how's two more weeks? after that'll look over the posts and draft a list, post it and see what you all think, if there are no arguments, then It'll be official.
MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #15996 by
Red and white trim robes, huh?
Gee, I dunno...
;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16046 by
re robes with white trim... Jedi Claus? hmmmmm... \"may the ho ho ho be with you?\"
actually that might be fun. instead of coal- carbonite freezing.
an X wing with 8 tiny r2-d2deer.
his workshop on hoth with the Jawas that make toys... with bad motivators.
it just could work!

a holy month seems a bit overkill.
as much as we've joked what about \"life day\". although change the name to something different, and no wookies or bea arthur.

i did kinda like the idea of celebrating with light balls (maybe a candle) and a meal (no stir whip Hrvey korman). like the light of the force? how about the release day of the first star wars- \"when the light of the Jedi came to us\". that's not bad actually. and an excuse to deck out in my robes is welcome.
i stick to my theory of we need a holiday that involves food and chocolate.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16193 by
Ok. Here is Draft one for the Jedi Holidays

Martin Luther King Jr. Day
The Premiere Dates of all six Star Wars movies
George Lucas' Birthday
Joseph Cambell's Birthday
Earth Day
Qui-gon's Day (formerly Life Day,)If You have a better name post it.
D-Day
Halloween(day of reverence for those who have joined the Force..... and free candy and dressing up... hey! I still Trick-or-Treat!!!
Thanksgiving (that feast enough for you stevef) for those of you who live outside of the U.S. Thanksgiving is the last thursday in november, I know traditionally it's an american holiday but what can be bad about a day devoted to giving thanks for what you have)
Yule(christmas, but I'm uncomfortable with calling it \"CHRISTmas\" perhaps someone else will give me better ideas for a name
New Years Eve.
all right, if there are any improvements and gripes let me now either through post or with PM, this is only the first draft after all.
next week, I'll take a look and revise it,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16198 by
I'm liking the idea! We should also include the Date in which the Temple was founded and pay hommage to those who founded it. It would be the honorable thing to do. I can't speak for everyone, but if it weren't for them we would be still wondering aimlessly unable to identify ourselves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16202 by
In all technicality - wasn't the Star Wars Holiday Special shown on Thanksgiving?

Ergo, Thanksgiving = Life Day, correct?

Unless we want to associate Life Day with Christmas, as many tend to do now that the Holiday Special is often viewed as a Christmas Tradition to the more masochistic of us geeks.

(I'd LOVE to have red and white robes, though!)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16206 by
how about Festivus? lol, but i disagree with the whole SW celebrations like Lucas day and what not that for LARPS but what about Holiday months like Muslims like with Ramadan and such or like catholics and Lutherans the Church year , the whole year broken up (Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Pentecost) and then separate major days celebrated within them.
Like the Jedi Year
I wouldnt know exactly how to set it up but im sure someone would have an Idea

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi