New rules pertaining to our younger members...

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #66781 by ren
The reasons behind these decisions are that we need to protect totjo against parents/police, who may ask why we collect information (Jedi application) from children (That's why we ask they do not complete the app), and also obviously protect minors from the undesirable aspects of the internet. oaths and journals are not accessible to unregistered users, to protect our member's privacy from google. But any ill-willed individuals can register an account and track who was born after 1998 with a simple forum search... So minors get their own private forum.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66798 by
In fairness Jestor it did sound, to me, like you were opening up the thread for actual questions

I would however just mention now (because I failed to earlier) that if someone does have a legitimate question or serious issue regarding this then raise it. But you will have to remember that most, if not all, issues would already have been considered and discussed prior to any change

The decision is pretty generally final unless you can find some glaringly obvious reason as to why the decision should be changed. If you can't then it's likely that it has either already been considered or other reasons way too heavily against it

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66803 by
I agree with you.

But, I also think that the people whom this affects should have the right to ask those questions and learn the reasons WHY you decided what you did.

If people don't challenge the rulings (even if they make sense and all things have been considered), then it moves from a fair ruling to a dictatorship, which is ok... but... hahah.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66811 by Jestor

If every item brought up was addressed or open to discussion, things would take longer than they do now...

Generally, we have beat these horses to death, and then smacked them a little more, went off topic on some tangent, rerouted, back again, twisted upside down, and inside out, then, for good measure, kicked that dead horse a couple of times...;)

If there are serious holes, please bring them to our attention, we know we are not perfect...

But if it is just opinions, or small items that you wish to mention, please feel free to contact one of us...

Thanks!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66813 by
Our main motivation was to provide a safe space for under 18s to converse. So you now need to be able to prove your eligibility in order to access those areas. It doesn't stop under 18s from participating in the rest of the site, it just means that they have a regulated space to be able to chat amongst themselves without worrying about who's listening in.

The new guidance also allows us to fulfil our obligations and motivations for protecting minors. This is a legal AND a moral thing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66821 by
i woyld like your post if it was a option

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66829 by
Press the "thank you" button, David.

And, Jestor, I didn't say that they SHOULD ask those questions... I am saying that the people it affect SHOULD have the RIGHT to ask those questions, which they do.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #66833 by ren
Well you can definitely choose to ask why. And then we can choose not to answer?

On a serious note, this section was created to allow the council and the members to communicate.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66844 by
Sure. I don't think I'm really saying anything.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi