New rules pertaining to our younger members...

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago #66736 by Jestor
As it didn't apply to any but the Youths, I didn't announce it....

But I will now, so that those helping our newer members are aware...

The Youth forum is now special access only...

If a Youth asks you for help in finding the forum, please have them PM me...

We limited access to protect both Youths, and TOTJO...

Also, the application has been updated, and plainly states that applications from Youths will be deleted, they are to contact me, or, whoever might be listed as Youth officer(s) in the FAQ...

If you find a bad link to the old forum, please send me a link to the page with the bad link, with location on the page in the event of multiple links...

I will redirect them to this announcement...

Questions?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66739 by
Mind you, i'm all about protecting the younger members, but with the forums being on select access, it also removes the accountability and transparency.

I trust those in leadership here, but from an outsider perspective, how would someone know that you're not secretly indoctronating their children with Terrorist / Facist / Soviet-Socialst type views?

No offense but we've seen through the catholic church what happens when adults in a position of power are given access to children in a private setting.

So, in such I think this is kind of a bad idea.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66740 by

The Oncoming Storm wrote: Mind you, i'm all about protecting the younger members, but with the forums being on select access, it also removes the accountability and transparency.

I trust those in leadership here, but from an outsider perspective, how would someone know that you're not secretly indoctronating their children with Terrorist / Facist / Soviet-Socialst type views?

No offense but we've seen through the catholic church what happens when adults in a position of power are given access to children in a private setting.

So, in such I think this is kind of a bad idea.

I am not saying this happens at all (because it doesn't) but there is nothing to suggest that we don't already do this so making a particular forum private that previously wasn't changes nothing in that respect

But just so you know there are legal reasons as to the handling of the data of minors (especially those under 13) in the US (we're based in Texas). I do not know all the legality behind it, but this should, I believe, actually protect us from people coming along and saying "What are you allowing minors to do and why are you allowing them to join your church?"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66741 by
I understand your point but i think as i am a younger member that if we are old enough to seriously consider taking a religious path for the rest of our lives i think we can prevent ourselves from becoming some kind of Osama Bin Laden, Rudolf Hess, Chairman Mao cross over and i think that others need to understand that before they make pre-emptive judgement about us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66742 by
Hehehe. Like it or not, this is the best way to do things.

Parents will most likely have access to the forums themselves anyway, and the parents would be able to see the content.

If that doesn't scare away the indoctrinators, I don't know what would. Because in my opinion, there is nothing worse than a pissed off parent who is protecting his/her child.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66743 by

Volcano859 wrote: I understand your point but i think as i am a younger member that if we are old enough to seriously consider taking a religious path for the rest of our lives i think we can prevent ourselves from becoming some kind of Osama Bin Laden, Rudolf Hess, Chairman Mao cross over and i think that others need to understand that before they make pre-emptive judgement about us.

The legal age of sexual consent in the UK is 16 and in many other countries it is higher. This is in spite of it being perfectly reasonable for those under that age to engage responsibly

Whether or not you are responsible enough would be irrelevant in the eyes of the law. You might well be responsible and reasoned enough but that in no way changes the law which is outside of our control

The same goes with drinking, marriage, joining the armed forces, driving etc...

I don't mean to look like an authority on this subject, by responding to it, as I am not. This is my take on the subject

FYI, I joined when I was 14 so understand your point entirely

More
11 years 9 months ago #66744 by Ben

Jestor wrote: Questions?

I get the impression that this doesn't really mean that it's up for debate. Questions means...are we all clear?

I am clear, thank you Master Jestor :laugh:

B.Div | OCP

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66758 by Jestor

V-Tog wrote:

Jestor wrote: Questions?

I get the impression that this doesn't really mean that it's up for debate. Questions means...are we all clear?

I am clear, thank you Master Jestor :laugh:

V, you know me well... :laugh:

We did debate this long and hard in Council, and it has been a priority of mine since I became Youth Officer, two years ago...

As a 40 year old adult, who remembers his youth well, and father of three, and instructor of dozens of kids, I have nothing but concern and worry for children...

And none of you really know me, especially you newer folks... All admin have access to the forum as well...

Actually, most youngsters wont wanna deal with the headaches and will go elsewhere... While kinda sad to lose any potential member, generally speaking, most are not old enought to comprehend what it iscwe are doing....

Imagine a family gathering... The adults are sitting around discussing whatever we adults discuss... MOST
Children are off playing because adults are borrringggg.... lol....

My information is available to the local authorities should it be needed...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66761 by
i belive this is a good idea children and youths are our future and should be whats the word

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66763 by
i belive this is a good idea children and youths are our future and should be protected at all cost by any means you can check everybody's background but whos to say that one particular person just hasn't been caught children are easily manipulated for example ny two yearold hated eating green beens i acted like i like them and said how good they are and now she loves them so whats to keep some old pervert form befreinding a kid up here and manipulateing them in to trouble or getting in trouble again i aprove this action

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi