[Open Office] Librarian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318395 by
Replied by on topic [Open Office] Librarian

JLSpinner wrote: There has been talks with Akkarin about communication in that regard. At this point though there is no one to communicate with.

Im sure :) And that's great! ^_^ But remember....us Apprentice's don't see these improvements and back end communications. Its easy for us to fall behind on the "Know how"

A short message stating: Recent librarian positions are in discussion based on improved communication with the staff is in effect. Position fillment updates coming soon!!

Could have helped with that maybe?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318396 by
This will be the third and last time I ehm.. mention it. I am still interested, though I do like to add to it that I do not want to take any sort of office if being considered a second option if no Knight is willingly. :blush:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318399 by
Sure, Tris. I typically keep personal issues like that quiet unless it becomes necessary to mention. That's just my way of doing things. Maybe I'm in need of rethinking that.

Aqua, I know you applied for the assistant position. You are interested in the Librarian office? I'll put your name into the mix.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318400 by

JLSpinner wrote: Sure, Tris. I typically keep personal issues like that quiet unless it becomes necessary to mention. That's just my way of doing things. Maybe I'm in need of rethinking that..

*Nods* I understand, and I am not trying to trample on toes. But its clear there are miscommunications and assumptions based on some heavy emotions going around. Just offering suggestions on how that might be improved down the road. This goes back to the whole "Lack of transparency" and such too :) We don't need the goary details, but it would help to have a general idea on how sittuations that explode (Like the Librarian Fiasco) are being handled all around.

Anyways. Ill stop chatting now. Just offering thoughts :)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318403 by
Okay, so once a new Librarian is put into office, will they be given control of the library and such things, or will people be able to strong arm them outta the way again?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318404 by
If by strong arm you mean update relevant departmental information in part of the ongoing mission to grow, cleanup, and improve the Temple then yeah there is still the chance of strong arm. Hopefully though with better communication this time. :)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318405 by

JLSpinner wrote: Akkarin works in the Education department and usually updates related articles instead of bugging somebody else to do it. I personally don't see the issue in that considering we are all volunteers here. Nobody owns the exlusive right and nobody was wronged by being saved of extra work.

Okay, but here's the thing with volunteers. They need to have a clear, defined role to avoid role ambiguity. If they feel their role isn't defined, they will leave (*motions towards the event that caused this position to open in the first place*). You then lose overall volunteers for the future because they feel that its isn't worth it because they're given nothing to do besides standing around with their hands in their pockets.

If this place wants people to stay, give them defined roles that they and they alone are in charge of. Yes, they can't be expected to do it all themselves. That was why Zen was looking around for an Assistant. But to have people, time and time again, jump over him to take charge of projects and editing that, as per the description given forward by the TotJO, was his job.

Not saying we can fix this, but moving forward perhaps there shouldn't be too many cooks in the kitchen, or the cooks will go where they're needed rather than give their energy towards something when they can be overstepped and overlooked.

Simple volunteer management skills.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318407 by
Akkarin is an admin for education. He has the system privileges and job description to update information regarding the IP and degree scheme. This doesn't deprive the Librarian of the other 80% of the site that needs attention. Just as the Synod might update the information for the clergy or seminary.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318408 by
This thread isn't a discussion thread. It's an announcement thread for an open position. Please feel free to open a new discussion thread on the subject.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318409 by

Atticus wrote: Good timezone,

The Council is currently accepting applications for appointment to the office of Librarian.

Duties include maintenance of the Temple Library and FAQ, including uploading and organizing new materials, fixing broken links, and logging changes. Successful applicants must have exceptional organizational skills, fine attention to detail, and proficiency with both HTML and BBCode.

In accordance with TotJO policy on holding office, applications from Apprentices may be considered only if no qualified Knight is available to take the office.

All interested applicants should send applications to council.secretary@templeofthejediorder.org

The application period will close at 2300 UTC on Saturday, 17 March 2018.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi