[Open Office] Librarian

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318342 by
[Open Office] Librarian was created by
Good timezone,

The Council is currently accepting applications for appointment to the office of Librarian.

Duties include maintenance of the Temple Library and FAQ, including uploading and organizing new materials, fixing broken links, and logging changes. Successful applicants must have exceptional organizational skills, fine attention to detail, and proficiency with both HTML and BBCode.

In accordance with TotJO policy on holding office, applications from Apprentices may be considered only if no qualified Knight is available to take the office.

All interested applicants should send applications to council.secretary@templeofthejediorder.org

The application period will close at 2300 UTC on Saturday, 17 March 2018.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318363 by
Replied by on topic [Open Office] Librarian
Hasn't this position already been filled?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318367 by
Nope. We hadn't opened the position after Zenzhi resigned. Hopefully it will be refilled soon.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318370 by
Thank you, Joe.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318375 by
Thought akkarin took over by default since be seemed so just take the liberty of Doing whatever he wanted?
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318379 by
Don't believe everything you think.

EDIT: That sounds far more rude than I intended. Tis a common n assumption, re Akkarin, withl no basis in reality. I am sorry, Kyrin.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318381 by
It's cool. But I see him continuing to make changes. Will there be a common point of control in the future, or all just willy nilly as Before?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318391 by
Akkarin works in the Education department and usually updates related articles instead of bugging somebody else to do it. I personally don't see the issue in that considering we are all volunteers here. Nobody owns the exlusive right and nobody was wronged by being saved of extra work.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318393 by
Mm. I can see this both ways. You are right. No one is being paid to work these jobs, no one owns or masters over any of them and if someone is willing to do some extra work then its an all around win for everyone.

But I think what the problem here is - And perhaps I am wrong, but, a distinct lack of respect towards each other. I see excuses why its ok to do whatever instead of open-ness to adapt to each others methods. Its all about "You don't own this position" instead of "Next time We will attempt to communicate better."

What is the point of having these specific jobs and office's if everyone is just going to run about doing everything anyways?

Just some random thoughts to consider. Hopefully this next run will go a bit smoother for everyone :) Good Luck.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318394 by
There has been talks with Akkarin about communication in that regard. At this point though there is no one to communicate with.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi