Derek Chauvin Trial

More
2 years 11 months ago #359675 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Derek Chauvin Trial
Fortunately, the trial is now over and Derek Cauvin has now had his right's enforced by having a trial by a jury of his peers who all agreed that what we all witnessed on tape was murder.

I only wish that George Floyd could have also enjoyed the same right to be judged by a jury of his peers on whether or not he intentionally tried to defraud the store with a fake bill or whether he even knew it was fake. I've never worked at a cash register and so maybe that's the reason why I never check the bills when someone hands me cash. The idea that I could be arrested for unwittingly trying to use such a bill is depressing, but the idea that could lead to loss of life is even more.

One of the reasons I started this thread is because, as I was watching the Trial on youtube, I started seeing comments from other people making excuses for Derek Chauvin and talking about drugs being the real cause of death.

That bothered me because it's not the first time I've heard such excuses; seeking to make the victim look like a bigger threat or simply someone who wasn't worth saving or wasn't worth fighting for. In effect, many victims are dehumanized by these tactics in order to take public sympathy away. And this is what generally affects juries and allows the real criminal (the officer) to escape the consequences of his actions.

Justifying murder... That's not a racial thing. It's a human thing. Justifying murder happened in Salem with the witch trials. It happened during the Crusades and Inquisitions. It happened with the Nazis against the Jews. It is the same thing! And it is something, in my humble opinion, that we should stand up to. We should never allow fear to rule and a lot of these HUMAN problems are based in fear controlling people. Even in immigration policy; what did we hear? "They're bringing drugs. They're rapists." Etc. That has an affect on society. And they do that so when the report finally comes out that they "accidentally" kidnapped a bunch of children by losing their parents... they want people to care less.

And if we, as HUMANS, are against these things, then we should fight against these mischaracterizations and promote the humane treatment of all humans regardless of gender, nationality, color, sexual orientation, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #359676 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi Believe

In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.

In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.

In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.

In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZealotX

More
2 years 11 months ago #359679 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Derek Chauvin Trial

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: So then my question to the smart individual is why ISNT the ones who train accountable? When will ACOUNTABILITY be know instead of needing a trail? Just chatting with you Z X . I have served as "Law Enforcement " with the U.S. Coast Guard and the Us Army - and let me tell you, when there was a change to ANY LAW or any rule, we had a group of people REPRESENTIN the change to train us on the new change and to be better accountable. I see and hear next to NONE doing this in the real world.

Some times it aint fair to punish the kid for his upbringing, the same can be said for the Cops. If no one is too far from redemption then truly, we can train our own brave citizens to act better? Even organizations, Sects and faiths.
What we are taught some times matters. You know there are TONS of NON lethal ways to neutralize people, some involve foam, some include tea... some involve much more training but ... IM NOT IN CHARGE lol

I totally hear you, Carlos. And I agree. In this particular case, the officer seemed to go against his training because you had people testify that they are not trained to use their training in that way. Like if you were trained on how to use a gun, your trainer isn't responsible if you use that training to rob a bank.

So sometimes it isn't the training but the misuse of training. Why aren't all officers doing the same exact thing for the same length of time? That would suggest training. If an officer uses that technique to subdue and then gets off immediately, then the trainer is justified. But if the trainer had said, do this until you can't feel a pulse, then the trainer should be guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. And any training that fits this description should be called out by the police officers receiving the training. And all training should be overseen by other trainers before it is replicated (ie. taught to future classes).

But I'm very sure that there is a type of training that exists in some communities where the trainer is more like the old vet on Cobra Kai. And so officers training under someone like that may instinctively switch from defense to offense even though their opponent has none of this training themselves. So yes, bad instructors should be held accountable. But also, you have to prove it is the instructor and not the student simply misusing their instruction.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi