January 6 2021 chaos, how to practice the Jedi Way under conflict?

More
3 years 2 months ago #357599 by Kwitshadie
You can go on tour in the White House, you just need to give the staff a 3 weeks notice at the latest. I remember visiting the Washington Capital Building in Olympia.
Even as a Governmental Employee, all Governmental Staffers must be given an extensive background check from interview to first day of work it took me 7 months so security is not fooling around. :)
https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/tours-events/

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #357600 by Kwitshadie
OB1Shinobi
Yes I mean Middle Ground, subtle wordings but thank for the new vocabulary, I agree with you. Fence sitting and Neutral are terms a certain political commentator often uses; not going to say his name to avoid advertising.
However, with all the car bombing and smashing windows; I cannot within my concience take a Political side with this vengeful behavior; seen this behavior before personally. Trump’s peace deals with the Middle East we’re getting exciting for a moment but it didn’t help that the White House got broken into and don’t get me started.
At this point, why support a cause if all the parties seem to care about is violent vengeance? It’ll only cloud you in anger and eventually the dark side; and darn it, it’s a vicious cycle just being reminded and on top of that loosing sleep; it’s 3 AM already.

Maybe there will be a new political party more to my liking; if the political parties can get their act together, but for now Jediism makes the most sense. ^_^
After all non-violent protests and cleaning up damages is the most powerful thing you can do to get someone to your side.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Kwitshadie. Reason: Both political parties bring out the Dark side of me. Try to edit to keep civil without timing out. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #357604 by OB1Shinobi

Alethea Thompson wrote: @OB1, I'd say that's pretty accurate. Though I didn't see it as Kwitshadie really hitting on neutrality in the traditional sense. More like we're more middle ground.

That said, I think it depends on the portion of the community you are in. The people that are yelling at me for calling the different sides out tend to be people in the Facebook Jedi Community.

The mention of how people perceive the extremism from their particular flavor of politics being influenced by Rebel Forces comes from people in the FB Jedi Community's own arguments. I only wish I had come up with that analogy on my own. :/ It's why, on average, I prefer the Jedi I meet in the forums. People take time to really listen and analyze in these spaces, and as a result they have far more exposure to Jedi Philosophy. Social Media is too..soundbit-y.

Im so glad I finally deleted my facebook. I once heard someone describe it as "a noxious cesspool of self righeous, delusional idiocy" lol. Some circles were better than others but in my very short lived attempt to vibe with the Jedi community I remember thinking the only people who I found remotely likeable were the ones who never posted anything that wasnt ripped from a fortune cookie or inspirational calendar :laugh:

Maybe I just didnt give them a fair chance but its not worth getting back on fb to find out.

Some footage of the events at the Capitol

https://youtu.be/M4B8FYQq6rM

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
3 years 2 months ago #357605 by Manu

OB1Shinobi wrote: Im so glad I finally deleted my facebook. I once heard someone describe it as "a noxious cesspool of self righeous, delusional idiocy" lol. Some circles were better than others but in my very short lived attempt to vibe with the Jedi community I remember thinking the only people who I found remotely likeable were the ones who never posted anything that wasnt ripped from a fortune cookie or inspirational calendar :laugh:

Maybe I just didnt give them a fair chance but its not worth getting back on fb to find out.

For the same reason I left all Jedi related FB groups.

There is a point which i am consistently getting the impression that many in the Community are failing to grasp and it is this: we may not wish to be tribal but we are all, like it or not, in a tribe. Numerous tribes, actually. And there are other tribes in the world which look at our tribe/s as the enemy - as nails to be hammered.

You make a good point. No comment on this, for now. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex, Kwitshadie

More
3 years 1 week ago #359176 by ZealotX
There is a culture war.

It's not fought physically. It is fought intellectually.

Therefore Jedi can fight, peacefully, in this war because it is a mental battle over hearts and minds.

The more hearts and minds are won by the "empire" the more support for freedom and democracy will suffer as many people only care about their own "class" and only the needs of themselves and their families and churches.

The more hearts and minds are won by the "Jedi/Rebellion" the the needs of the many are allowed to outweigh the traditional control of those who are spoiled having power that was pass down to them.

It's important to identify which side are the real "rebels". Because at certain points in the films the rebels actually switch. At first the rebels are the Republic. Then they become the New Republic. Some people just like being rebels but sometimes being a rebel means fighting against tyranny, even before tyranny gains the seat of power. Jedi should not wait for that day to happen. We saw the attempt on Jan 6th.

So why not join the culture war in favor of humanity?

More
3 years 1 week ago #359184 by Carlos.Martinez3
This is more for encouragement than anything else ZealotX. A lot of what is posted makes me think and reflect my own ideas so thank you for that.
When I hear the charge - WE ARE AT WAR it makes my mind wander. Never a bad thing to think.
In my wonder, it makes me think of a few ideas - ALWAYS.

To the carpenters, the world is in need of good measure. To the readers of the world, they see there is in need for a break. To the dreamers, things are looking up. To a fighter, things like hope, can be found at the end or way of a fist. To each of us things look pretty relative to what we are doing at this present moment in or life. I harp on LEVELS often but knowing what level we are at or what part we are on in our own seek of things can be a benefit. One of the biggest questions I ask real people is, "Can you function and understand things when you realize no one is like you? Better still, can you continue to grow without others?"

I have learned not every ones fight has to be my own. But I am an old junk yard dog at times, more scar than skin but like I said, some fights aren't mine. It is my hope that the fights or the battles we face in our own paths, find the end. War-ing isnt a good thing for the heart all the time, the soul ether, but that is my war weary 2 cents worth. The sooner I began to use that which I fought for, the sooner the "taste" of things changed and the less I had to oppose. My 3 cents. Smiley face thanks for continuing to share here and may the Force we seek find us all.

Just encouragement more than anything else friend. This path we face and choose as Modern day Jedi can be uncharted and we are the ones who normally are the ones who CAN chart our own path. Self reflection works like that.

Out of curiosity, do you know how many people THIS YEAR alone have said in one way shape or form " The real Jedi need an army!" ? Its more than ten, think about that and its only March, most are spam but think about that. To do what and why? What can we do organized under one banner we cant do independently? Do we always need permission to act, but I am a Preacher, sorry for the ramble...lol
Worth thinking about for me any way, thanks again.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 1 week ago #359187 by
I have a friend who wants to make an acount. Its not letting him. How would he make one? He is dedicated to the force and he really wants to join us.

More
3 years 1 week ago #359219 by Edan
This is not the place for this question Isar. He must request one, using the link on the home page as directed.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
3 years 1 week ago #359220 by Kobos
The truth to this thread from what I read is this, Let go of the fear, anger, anxiety and judgement of others. For real there are things in your neighborhood no matter where you live that are more horrifying than anything that has happened in the last year. The thing is it isn't blasted at you. In fact in most cases, it is gone through great lengths to keep it quiet.

The Jedi would do well to see people as people, difference in opinion, world view and individual culture are just the logic we use to separate us from ourselves. Talk to other people as individuals that's what the Jedi do.

Just my 2 cents
Much Love, Respect and Peace
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, River

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi