Nakis' Workshop

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #363771 by Nakis
Nakis' Workshop was created by Nakis
Hello and welcome to Nakis' workshop!

This journal is open for anyone to come in and post something they are working on, or questions, when it comes to sermons/messages. If you have something you want to work on and let me pull it apart, toss it here and let's work on your message crafting!

My usual basis for messages are:

Hook - A story or something relevant to the listener that showcases the message's intent.
Main idea - Presenting the message's main idea
Breaking it down - Find 2-3 different reasons why this might be important to the listener and explaining key points to the idea
Wrapping it up - Tying everything together at the end in a way that makes sense to the listener
Challenge - Offering a personal challenge or suggestion to the listener to do something related to the main idea.

The idea being sort of a persuasive essay with a fun and engaging story at the start to get people invested. Now, this doesn't mean everything has to be like this! This is just how I like to do things and every writer has their own flow, style, and flavor of writing and processing information. I love drawing on natural environments and animals unless I have to draw on personal experience. I hate using jokes to bring people in. Others love a good joke and tie in. I also love fun imagery, such as with my sermon "Sweet Backflips and Yoda" (https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2455-sweet-backflips-and-yoda). I enjoy challenging the idea that we have to be stodgy with philosophy whereas others might like to serve something a bit more meaty when it comes to messages. I also try to throw references at the bottom for additional reading because no one wants to open a reference document mid backflip with Yoda.

So, please feel free to post here, it might take me a little to read and break down my thoughts, but I'll get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested format of posting

Message Title:
1-3 sentences as to what you want to convey in terms of message
1-3 sentences as to why you think this is important
1-3 sentences as to how you want your audience to feel during the message
1-3 sentences as to how you want your audience to feel after the message
1-3 sentences as to what you DO NOT want your audience to learn/think/feel about your message topic

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi