No Vader?

More
2 years 4 months ago #364680 by Carlos.Martinez3
No Vader? was created by Carlos.Martinez3
One of the old motifs in life is the balance of family and spirit. This being a place for Jedi and such I ask this question...

If Anakin had time for family or a better balance of it, would there be a Vader? If there were no secrets in this particular life, would things have been different?

The more I study and read off screen, the more this particular idea comes up. There were Jedi Council Members on screen who had family. What and where was the difference if any? Is there a difference? Does family throw things off or does bad balance do it? Real talk , not asking for a friend. Looking forward to the discussion in this section.
Pastor Carlos
Dad and Jedi Knight

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenith Felwood, Zero, Vincent Causse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #364685 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic No Vader?
I think it’s important to look at why the jedi forbade attachments.

It wasn’t because love was a weakness, or a diversion. It’s because of the jedis role in the story. They were the elite special forces of their universe. They weren’t masked,or lurking in the shadows. There identity’s weren’t classified information. Everyone knew who they were. If they had a family or children, they could be used as a weapon against the jedi. If their family was killed it would obviously affect the jedi personally and things like revenge would run rampant. They could be kidnapped and used as leverage to force the jedi to do something he normally would not. The fictional jedis reasons for forbidding attachments are essiential to performing a task that we as real world humans could barely even fit in our heads….not many of us make decisions that directly affect the life’s of billions of people. The jedi needed to be beyond reproach. Beyond manipulation, with perfect judgment. None of that is possible if your weaping over your recently deceased spouse, or if someone has a blaster pointed at you child. I’ve always said that being a jedi knight is about responsibility, not ability. And when your responsible for the lives of billions…..there’s no room for error or anything personal affecting your judgement.

Would Anikin had become Vader if he was allowed to have a family? No I don’t think so. The circumstances of his life are what lead him to turn to the dark side. And those circumstances would have been dramatically different if he could have had a two week vacation every year with his mother, or if obi wan and mace windu attended his wedding, with yoda officiating. Anikin had only one weakness…..one palpitine used against him flawlessly…..his family.

Here in the real world, my family is my greatest strength. But I’m not responsible for the lives of billions nor am I negotiating trade agreements worth trillions of dollars…..but if I was, and someone wanted to manipulate my decision making, harming or threatening to harm them would definitely affect my judgment.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Zero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 1 month ago #366586 by Zenith Felwood
Replied by Zenith Felwood on topic No Vader?
Bad things happen to good people. Luke Skywalker went though horrible pain and suffering. He choose his path as Vader choose his path. There is things we can control. There is things we cant. to fix the things we cant control is a mind trick that even the strongest face. I could Have . . . I should have .. . If i was more pretty if I been there for her. Padme said it best. "Anakin you are going down a path I can not fallow" I had to cut ties with my parents in real life they where sucking me dry of happiness. I think Balance starts and ends with Anakin. As it starts and ends with you.

More
2 years 1 month ago #366587 by Zenith Felwood
Replied by Zenith Felwood on topic No Vader?
You spoke to me of return. a start and an end. Start and Return. Anakin never did return mentally. when he left to save his mother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #367907 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic No Vader?
Anikin tried to be a Vader and Ben Solo did too, does that mean there is really no such thing as a "Vader?"

What was the Vader every one was so scared of? What did they really want to be, as opposed to what really happened? Is there a heed to the Vader story? Any takers? What great thing was it to be the Vader? What real power did it give? Ever wonder?
Pastor Carlos
Edit: Being a Father is why my mind often goes to Vader and the escapades and saga portion there.

Asking for myself, not a friend...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

Moderators: ZeroVerheilenRiniTavi