Creating legal knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9769 by
Creating legal knights was created by
Hi all!!! Long time no see!
So Br John, I have a question for you! Can your Jedi legally indicate their status on their drivers license? I'm looking to find a way do that with my organization. Not sure which direction I want to go in. I like the idea of creating a brand new order from scratch built on ideals of peace and justice, but I also have a chance to pursue a barony title that would be recognized by the British Peerage. The problem with that particular direction is that those barony titles... I don't believe in what they stand for... wars, greed, most all the titles were set on stolen lands and murder of former owners and inhabitants. I don't want to base a knightly order on such evil, you know? Any advice?
Thanks! :)

Delilah :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9793 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Creating legal knights
Delilah wrote:

Hi all!!! Long time no see!
So Br John, I have a question for you! Can your Jedi legally indicate their status on their drivers license? I'm looking to find a way do that with my organization. Not sure which direction I want to go in. I like the idea of creating a brand new order from scratch built on ideals of peace and justice, but I also have a chance to pursue a barony title that would be recognized by the British Peerage. The problem with that particular direction is that those barony titles... I don't believe in what they stand for... wars, greed, most all the titles were set on stolen lands and murder of former owners and inhabitants. I don't want to base a knightly order on such evil, you know? Any advice?
Thanks! :)

Delilah :)

It's great to see you too. I'll be happy to help you create an order if you need any advice on non-profit corporations or such and I can program in Xoops, Joomla and Drupal so if you want a fancy site like this or TOTJF I can do that too.

The Roman Catholic Church knights lay people. My Great Grand Father John Henry Phelan Sr. was a Knight. Our Jedi Knights are equally valid.

The issue on getting it on a license is a different matter. In Texas even a doctor or lawyer just has their name on their drivers license so I don't know how how to get Knight on there short of a legal name change. Our upcoming photo ID cards will show designations and if you do start your own order I'll show you where to get excellent ID's at a nominal cost.

MTFBWY,

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9796 by
Replied by on topic Re:Creating legal knights
Even with a legal name change you can't put titles in your name unless they are documented some way. Thank you for the offer to help me! :) I may take you up on that! I'm going to do a bit more research first and see what more I can come up with. There must be a way.... and I will find it! I know the royals left loopholes for themselves... I'll find them!
Later!!!! :) :) :)

D :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi