The Dark Side

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9764 by
The Dark Side was created by
God, I'm glad to be back! I've been away for a while. Anyways, during my absence from the temple, I have "flirted" with the dark side- and bad things resulted from that. I lost my girlfriend, after a 1 1/2 year relationship, attempted suicide, and lost my best friend...any ideas on how to get back to the light?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9765 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Dark Side
Terrible things have happened and I'm personnally glad to see you come back here ... be welcome to this temple as anybody else !

well ... I think a very important step which you already have taken is that you realize and verbalize your problems ... then you'll truly understand what they are ...

furthermore you have to keep in mind the dark side is path easily tempting the human mind and therefore is not to be walked on without a safety rope =)

i think the best thing would be to talk about that stuff with the masters of the force in our temple as they are exploring the dark side, too ... they are members of the Sith Rite

So far I wish you the best and May the Force be with You !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9770 by
You must understand that the dark side is not something that one may just get over, you must realize where your personal bounry is. For some being dark is a lot more deeper then just doing bad things or walking down a 'bad' path, for others it is a way of life and suites who they are very well. All i can trully tell you is reflect on everything that has happened to you, figure out what caused it, don't try to correct it because if it is going to be corrected, IMO, it is best if it corrects itself. But learn from it and when the situation arrives again know that you have threw all of it before and you may make a more wise and noble desicion. Many of us here struggle with such things everyday so know for sure, you are not alone. Be strong and may the force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9772 by
Consider what you have gone through as a learning experience. There is no way to erase what has happened. Therefore you must learn how to deal with it. How are you going to learn from what happened and apply this lesson to your life to avoid making the same mistake as you did last time? What caused you to flirt with the dark side? Curiosity? A moment of personal weakness? You need to self reflect. Find the reason behind your actions. This is the next step to pulling yourself back from the place you fell to. You have admitted there is a problem, now what do you do to fix it? You need to locate your balance point and strive to achieve it. We can't tell you the answers to the questions. The answers to these questions are within you. You must search them out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9774 by
I know its cliche` to say, but tomorrow can always be brighter. Rest assure that you'll never be alone here in the Temple, and no one will turn you away here. We support each other to the fullest.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9775 by
"The sun is always shining, mere seeing it we can't."

Keep that in mind, and enlighten your soul it will !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9801 by
a great Zen Master once had a young pupil ask "what is it like to be perfect?" the Master thought a moment then replied "Lying".
- unknown

we all fall sometimes- it's part of being human. look at where you made your mistakes and then remember to never repeat them. then move on to the future and keep it light.

to steal yet another saying
"Why do we fall? To learn to pull ourselves back up"
-Batman Begins

as everyone else has said you are not alone- and that is VERY true.

Trust in you and trust in the Force.
:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9805 by
"True skill is to rise once more than being knocked over !"
-> Winston Churchill

One of the most sufficient quotes concerning this topic =), I think.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi