Comfort and Joy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9528 by
Comfort and Joy was created by
All problems are being addressed so let's concentrate on a new issue and post here something good that has come to you through being part of Temple Of The Jedi Order. I'd like to see your hopes for our future and any constructive suggestions on how our masters can be more responsive to the members especially the new members.

Br. John+

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9536 by
Replied by on topic Re:Comfort and Joy
I would like to see us become one of the major religions. Also, i would like to see more physical locations. As for being more responsive, i think we are doing alright, i think the only way we could do any better is if the people decide to be more active with us. But i do think that we should probably be more interactive with the public, i am guilty of saying that i am Taoist and Buddhist more then Jedi. I fear being rediculed and worse. But i think it would be a good idea for us to start coming out of the Universal Spiritual Closet, so to speak. So there are my two cents.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9537 by
I just had a great idea, or at least i think it is great. i think we should start a forum for the help of people who want to take on apprentices but aren't quite sure how to go about it. Someplace where we can trade ideas, and give suggestions on the basic of what should be taught and how. this way, for people like me who are having trouble figuring out how to train someone, we will have a place where questions can be asked and answered, and people can go to get some knowledge of how to go about it, at the very least how to get started.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9540 by
Those are both great ideas. I understand the fear you have in letting people know of the Force. Our lives mean so much more than what others think of us. However, showing you have faith in something that others think is fantasy is a tough situation. I am an open person when it comes to the Force. If someone asks me what I believe, I tell them. It can't sound any worse than when people describe their own religion. Let's face it, all religions have some un-truth in them.

I like the idea you had about the masters message board. I know sometimes that it must be hard for masters to help each apprentice. Some have more than they can handle anyway.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9552 by
Really? i've never experienced this fear. I'm always like \"Hey i'm Perris and I'm a Jedi. Ask me about it (or feel our wrath..lol jk)\"

You know. The fact that Jedi are only in the movies makes people laugh at us. But don't let that bug you. I've had lots of people laugh in my face, but when they get to know me, they immeadiately change their views and become seriously interested in knowing more about Jediism and Mormonism. People admire the traits that Jedi expect other Jedi to have, and what we teach our padawans. So never let fear get the best of you. Let them laugh, just laugh along (cause it is rather silly lol).

I think we're doing a good job. It's the best we've been able to do, and it's working.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9565 by
Yeah, yesturday i was waiting for the bus and i got into a conversation with a gentalmen who was studying anthropology once upon a time, well, he started saying how down in australia there is a religion based on Jedi's. And without missing a beat i said \"Yeah, I'm an Arch-Bishop... Arch-Bishop of the Pagan Rite at the Temple fo the Jedi Order.\" I don't think i could have gotten a better reaction in my life (well unless he said he wanted to join). He stopped mid sentance and couldn't go on, it was histaricle (sp?). We laughed about a few things about it, but every time i brought it up he just couldn't go on, it was priceless. And i am definately who enjoys shock and awe responses and let me tell you, that is exactly what i got, lol. Anyway, just wanted to share.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9568 by
oh ... i just love it XD !!! that's so nice ... I's like to speak to that gentleman myself :P ...

coincidence ? ... i don't think so ... the force's will ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9692 by
see i'm not open to starting a conversation at work (where it seems lately i spend all my time) about me being a jedi. i don't think work should involve being personal, but if asked i say i'm a jedi proudly and then when they say i'm a geek or laugh or whatever i simply say that i was kind enough not to knock thier religion of choice and they should have te same respect.
that instantly shuts them up and lets them know it's serious and i'm not playing star wars. typically then they want to know more and one person at a time we build respect.
and look lets face it we know we're pretty darn cool when it comes down to it and that's all we have to impress...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi