What do you think?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4817 by
What do you think? was created by
So, Who's read the new Harry Potter book? What did/do you think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4844 by
Replied by on topic Re:What do you think?
Overall, the book was excellent. Good info presented that tied off some of the loose ends that were left in some of the others in the series. Unfortunately, the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, was probably the worst thing that I've ever read! Entirely too anti-climactic, and Voldemort got punked like a little biotch....sorry, I've always been a fan of bad guys, and from the rest of the series, and how she played up how much of a bad mamma-jamma that Voldemort was, that final little tiff should have been hella better than it was. Epilogue was good for the most part too. And anyone who hasn't read it, and is wondering whether Harry lives or dies.....the answer is YES

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4917 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:What do you think?
I have just bought the Book :) . And despite Br. Shaun`s revelation, I will try and let myself be surprised :huh: .

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4934 by
I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter stories, but I love books on CD and I've heard the man who has been doing the \"reading\" is one of the best in the industry.

So I listened to all 21 hours this weekend. I think I may have burst something in my brain....

The man who does the reading is genius, and for all 21 hours he played all the parts and did the naration without missing a beat of forgetting whose voice is whose...and sometimes that is pretty complex!

Lots of excitement and did wrap it all up nicely... Still not wild about Harry Potter...but I enjoyed this.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4936 by Jon
Indeed, listening can be the hardest thing to do!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4937 by
Asta Sophi wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter stories, but I love books on CD and I've heard the man who has been doing the \"reading\" is one of the best in the industry.

So I listened to all 21 hours this weekend. I think I may have burst something in my brain....

The man who does the reading is genius, and for all 21 hours he played all the parts and did the naration without missing a beat of forgetting whose voice is whose...and sometimes that is pretty complex!

Lots of excitement and did wrap it all up nicely... Still not wild about Harry Potter...but I enjoyed this.

I havent heard the audio books myself but i would bet they are awesome. I did get to watch JK Rowling read the first Chapter of the new book live from london though at an openeing party with a bagillion kids and it was a blast!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4938 by
You can view it here:
http://dl.groovygecko.net/anon.groovy/clients/bloomsbury/bl01.html
It was a blast.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #5023 by Jon
Although very often films do their literary predecesors an injustice, I (in my humble inexperienced opinion) consider the Happy Potter films to have done a good job. I`m quite excited to be able to see the new Film in the cinema today.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #5045 by Jon
The film was amazing! Wow. \"Don`t look at the similarities but at the differences!\", was a phrase that got me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi