FOLLOW ME

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4770 by
FOLLOW ME was created by
This post is all about leadership. I've written a few blurbs about it and I'd like to share them with you.

\"The leader must set the standard in all things. Only when allowed to view the finest model can the craftsman begin to create his own masterpiece\"

\"Leaders are not made, they are created through freedom. The leader does not demand, they allow others to grow with them.\"

If the leader continually fails to uphold the ideal of leadership, allow them to see error. If failure becomes omission, the leader then must become a follower.\"

\"The leader must completly devote their leadership to one cause. No one can drive two cars at once! Passengers expect prompt service. \"

\"There is only one leader of any given group, or task. A rubber band pulled in two directions soon breaks\"

\"Effective leadership is a flow of ideas mized with action. Living my a set of rigid guidelines with no room for interpretation leads to stagnation\"

\"Stand atop a bell and hear it's ring loud and clear. Lift the bell up and see HOW it makes it's beautiful sound!\"

\"Say to your subordinates, \"follow me\", and they will step in your same foot prints. Say to your subordinates \"Here I go\", and they will meet you there. \"

\"Forget your covetous desires and simply flow with the force, therein you will find all the rank and status you need\"

\"Subordinates are the truest measure of the leader. Led well the subordinates will shine, led poorly, the subordinates will look tired\"

MTFBWY
Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4775 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:FOLLOW ME
I have a problem with a few thing which were said.

1. \"The leader must set the standard in all things. Only when allowed to view the finest model can the craftsman begin to create his own masterpiece\"

In this type of system everything stands and falls with the leader. No one knows what is to do until the leader has said so or shown it. Like you said later on...

\"Say to your subordinates, \"follow me\", and they will step in your same foot prints. Say to your subordinates \"Here I go\", and they will meet you there. \"

...it is important that \"others\" know what to do when the Leader for some reason understandably is not there. Our involvement in the TOTJO enables all to be movers without the necessity of an absolute Leader. This in its turn makes the term \"subordinates\" obsolite. We become brothers and sister in Leadership.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4784 by
Replied by on topic Re:FOLLOW ME
If we're all Brothers and Sisters in leadership, then we have too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians. I believe that Tsuki was trying to say \"Lead by example\" with his posting. Also, he's right about one thing, you cannot have more than one leader, lest we accomplish nothing because nothing can get decided upon.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4789 by Jon
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

If we're all Brothers and Sisters in leadership, then we have too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians. I believe that Tsuki was trying to say \"Lead by example\" with his posting. Also, he's right about one thing, you cannot have more than one leader, lest we accomplish nothing because nothing can get decided upon.

What did Br.John say once?
-Its your Temple!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4821 by
Everything HAS to have a leader.... whether you saw an example created by someone else, or the force inspired you to be creative. Everything starts from somewhere and this I loosely call \"the Leader\". Any organization or group has a leader ( even if they dont realize it) who sets AN example. If any number of folks hang out together there WILL BE one who is seen as the leader; usually the most charismatic.
Even walking down the street, if someone is in front of you they are the leader.. ever see someone walking in front of you who suddenly stops?... it is the rare individual who does not at least slow their pace trying to figure out why the other person stopped.

I suppose ONE reason for my post was to shed a bit of light on what I believe leadership is so that maybe ALL of us would take a look at ourselves and investigate to see if we are setting a good example. I think that as a Jedi, regardless of rank or position is a leader to the rest of humanity. Having our finger on the pulse of \"light\" it is our responsibility to lead others to greatness, or at least goodness.

The world is full of dictators, tyrants and immature egoists with a title... I hope Jedi can change all that....

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Rick
tsukimaster

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4823 by Jon
I can relate to that Br.tsukimaster. Indeed in our leadership we share in mutual responsability for the other. That`s quite an awesome idea! Especially now that I have a three year old daughter, I consider things as simple as crossing the road when the light is red. Many people do, especially when they are in a hurry or there is no car in sight, or even when they are cock sure of themselves. These people probably convince themselves as to what the harm there is in that, or that it is their life afterall. But all it takes is one small child who sees the success of such an action, and already a learning process has taken place. A child could think \"I can do that too!\". As to who is responsible for a possible fatal consequence I will leave upto the reader. Looking at this one single and simple example, it amazes me how limited we are in our sense of living. What have we done or caused without really knowing it.

This is certainly an interesting view of leadership. One historical figure comes very strongly to mind as far as the topic of leadership is concerned, and he is St.Francis of Assisi. He put his trust in the Scriptures (he even fliped the Bible in a random way open to make everyday decisions), he placed responsability into the hands of the Bishop Guido and let him make the rules, he let his brothers make the decisions of running the community. He absolutely did not want to become a leader, he considered himself as the dirt of the earth. Yet his example still moves people today! The type of leadership you mentioned, is certainly one which no-one can escape. there is no born leader, but we all are born leaders.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4841 by
I just wanted to make a comment on something that Tsuki said, about following behind someone, and they all of a sudden stop......I have a habit of running over people that stop in front of me when walking,, then again, there aren't too many times when people actually ARE walking in front of me, being that I have roughly 4 feet worth of leg attached to my hip, I'm usually out front, everyone else can follow me.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4863 by Jon
I`m right behind you Br.Shaun :dry: !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15636 by
A whole topic on leadership. I feel that we have been lacking in this teaching a little. So read and comment on Rick's statements below. Keep in mind, he was banned from this site for some remarks he made to us one evening. Do you agree or disagree with what was said here? This is to get you thinking..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15637 by
Also...one point raised here that was a pressing issue of the past here at TOTJO. Have a centralized leader, have a council, or run by the members. Of course as you know we have it run by the members because it's worked out for us very nicely. Thoughts? Suggestions? What are the possible outcomes of having a council? did you factor in human nature? Also, when do you factor in human nature when it comes to creating leadership of any sort? Just some questions to get ur thoughts buzzin...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi