ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4634 by
ENOUGH ALREADY!!! was created by
It seems that recently I have come into contact with a good number fo people who are two faced pretenders. I'm not speaking of anyone in particular but just in general.

If you claim to be something.. you should live that role to the fullest and best fo your ability. Fro instance, a Priest should not molest children, a police officer should not take sex in exchange for writing a ticket,

I have nor will ever claim to be anything near perfect, but dammit, I try. Some people I have seen lately blatantly go against what they portray themselves as. Sure even the best fo us slip up here and there, but when it is a regular, intentional failure to abide by basic principles, even after you have been shown your mistake.... \"you\" have to wonder, when is enough enough?

Secondly, Why do \"we\" collectively as a people allow this type of disgrace to occur? I've been guilty of this too, but I wish it werent so.

SO, I'll set a standard here:

TO THE SENIOR MEMBERS OF THIS TEMPLE:

If you ever find that I continually disrespect my position as Jedi, master, or whatever I might become here, and it seems there is no turning back for me. Please, I beg you, kick me out and shun me, like I should be!

SIGNED;

Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4635 by
Replied by on topic Re:ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
LOL, dont ask what is up with my OF's, and FOR's... for some reason my fingers hit the \"F\" before the \"O\" for some reason. See, NOT PERFECT by any stretch of the imagination. (and yeah I had to correct the \"OF\" again) sheesh.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4638 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
I can understand your concern. As you also explained there is no one without contradictory traits. If a serious problem in someone`s behaviour develops, then there is usually a reason for that. Very often there are reasons which neither the person him/herself nor others are aware of. It is the duty of Jedi to try and understand and solve. That is why we are all brothers and sisters. I have problems with complying with your request to kick you out.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4643 by
things always work out, it'll be fine...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4654 by
I agree with you Tsukimaster. But, in order be something all the time requires an emense amount of patience, discipline and will power. Some people just don't have that, some people laps from time to time, and some people just don't care to use it, all the time or about certain things. I myself try to stay calm, not hate, and not take anything out on any one person. It can be hard though, not pointing fingers. The entire world points fingers at people. Who's to blame for what and why. But it is the people, the individual people that get hit the hardest. And that is sad, if i ever become something that i do not want to be right now, then i would most likely end up leaving this place because it would contradict my views. I wouldn't have to be kicked out, lol. I don't think anyone will ever be perfect but all we can do is try until we are close.

Some people wouldn't mind being perfect, or a god, but being immortal would be awefully boring.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4691 by
Well you know Rick, I can't claim to have the answers knowing little of why you posted what you did, add to that the fact that I really don't have the answers in the first place...LOL. But I can tell you this; For most, it easier to just pretend your something then really BE. Catch my drift? I can say I'm whatever it strikes me to say, but what I really am will shine through in my actions. we can say whatever we will but we cannot deny our true nature. Of course that's just my experience and opinion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4706 by
HHHmmm perhaps I took that the wrong way, but it seemd as if you were offended by my post?

That post wasnt AIMED AT anyone in particular, just an observation. I've been seeing an awful lot of crooked stuff lately (and no not just in here either) and just wanted to share my feelings with my Jedi family, isnt that acceptable?

Whoever does in fact take offense to said post... hhmmm, 'nuff said no?

I remain,

TSUKIMASTER

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4710 by
You don't think I was offended do you? If so then not at all. I'm just trying to answer is all my friend. I'm Just saying I don't know what happened to prompt your post so I really can't give more then a general answer. If it's not aimed at anyone or not prompted by an incident then a general answer works fine. So you see what I'm saying is that it's easier for people to say their something then to actually BE that something, to put in to practice what they preach so to speak. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

**Merin Bows**

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4718 by
I have found the past will always come back to bite you in the ^%@$*#%. As human beings we can’t go back and undo the wrongs that we have done, sometimes we simply cannot make amends.

We can learn from the past. We can learn from our own mistakes or learn from the mistakes of others. What matters the most is not what we have done, but what we do now. Always strive to do the right thing. Honor and integrity is so hard to come by. When I became a Jedi, I made the commitment to do what I can, when I can to help others, to live the most moral life I can, to let my light shine so others will believe.

I look forward, and I try hard very hard not to look backward. Always judge people by what they do, and not for what they have done in the past. We as Jedi have adopted a whole new lifestyle. We all have a past, some worse then others, but I say again that the future in more important then the past.

We have a job to do, and we need to get out there and do it. There is an old saying that talk is cheap, action speaks louder then words. Let’s get out there and start making positives changes in somebody’s life. We may not be able to help everyone, but we can start making this a better world to live in, even if we only help one person at a time. There are times when quality is better then quantity.

Bro Jack

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4727 by
I agree Rev Hornbeck, i see people yelling at each other and getting angry when that energy could be doing something far better. Arguing over past events will not help anyone, it doesn't even always make anyone feel better about it. You might get your point accross but what is the point of that? You might feel better about getting the stuff out in the open but when the next person posts how are you going to feel then? There is no point in arguing or debating about past events, it doesn't help anyone. Do what you can to make a difference now, a positive difference that all can benifit from. I am not saying ignore the problems that arise or turn your head or back, what i am saying is if something happens then do something about it, don't talk about it and argue, there is no, i repeat, no point in arguing over something that happened.
My fiancee's dad has a short temper, well it is improving, but my fiancee would get in trouble for accidently doing something, he would start to yell and get everyone worked up, i would say \"you don't have to yell, it's in the past, there is nothing you can do about it,\" he would still be p'ed but he would walk away. My fiancee would then be calmer and correct what had happened more effiently. I hope people can learn from this experience.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi