A thought for thinking

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4480 by
A thought for thinking was created by
We've all heard the question asked, \"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?\"

So I leave this thought for all to chew on a bit, and I borrow this from the latest Harry Potter book, as good an answer as any I've heard, and probably better than most.

\"A circle has no beginning\"
-Luna Lovegood
\"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows\"
J.K. Rowling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4481 by
Replied by on topic Re:A thought for thinking
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

We've all heard the question asked, \"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?\"

So I leave this thought for all to chew on a bit, and I borrow this from the latest Harry Potter book, as good an answer as any I've heard, and probably better than most.

\"A circle has no beginning\"
-Luna Lovegood
\"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows\"
J.K. Rowling

That's true about a circle but the egg did come before the chicken. The creature that laid it was almost a chicken but not quiet and the egg had a genetic slight mutation that did produce the first chicken.

Br. John+

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4482 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:A thought for thinking
If you are a Christian, Jew or Moslem (God created the animals in Genesis) the the chicken would be first. If you were a Buddhist (according to the theory of rebirth) inorder to be reborn as a chicken you would have to start of as an egg. According to the evoluionist theory, a particular sort of animal would have to develop into what could be defined as a chicken before an egg could be laid.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4483 by
Geez, why the scientific answers? That's a fun question, not supposed to be answered by science like things, lol.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4484 by Jon
OK Br.Shaun, try this out for size. If you were British you would have first eggs for breakfast and then chicken for dinner. Lol.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4485 by
HAHAHAHA that was a good one Hans...HAHAHAHHA

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4499 by
Jon wrote:

OK Br.Shaun, try this out for size. If you were British you would have first eggs for breakfast and then chicken for dinner. Lol.

I don't have to be British for that, I already to do it on a regular basis, sometimes, I don't even wait for dinner, sometimes, I have it for lunch.
Heck, occasionally, I've had both for breakfast.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4501 by
Yes, the Chicken, egg and cheese biscuit is quite a breakfast meal, I've eaten it many times.

I do ask why question things that do not matter? Whether the egg or the chicken came first, makes you and I no difference, they are both here now, and both quite tasty and healthy. Time could be better spent, but we could say that about most anything, so I'm guessing its just for fun, which is cool with me. Sooooo.......

I'm gonna say the egg came first because a \"chicken like creature\" probably got had in the sexual sense by some other creature the was also similar to a chicken type creature only different than the first, or even a reptile (explaining why they lay eggs, and confirming the new scientific discovery that birds are closely related to alligators, making them close to the dinosaurs) and well, the way baby's are born happens, and the chicken like creature lay one or possibly many eggs in this fashion, and the first chickens are born. Whallah!!

This has been your impromptu BS history lesson.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4508 by Jon
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

Jon wrote:

I don't have to be British for that, I already to do it on a regular basis, sometimes, I don't even wait for dinner, sometimes, I have it for lunch.
Heck, occasionally, I've had both for breakfast.

And thats why I said you have to be British!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi