What Jesus Said about Judgement!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4365 by
Jesus said it best in the Gospel of Luke.

Luke 6:32-42

32\"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
37\"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.\"
39He also told them this parable: \"Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
41\"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4366 by Jon
Of all the instructions which Jesus made, one of the most difficult, I think, was not to judge. The speck of condemnation in one`s own eye becomes a plank when it masquerades as righteousness.

One of our deepest fears is that of annihilation or being a nobody.It is a sad fact, but there is an unpleasant trait in all of us which causes us to delight in the misfortune of another, provided we are unscathed ourselves. The Germans call this \"schadenfreude\", malicious joy. \"Someone is inferior to me!\"

Society organises superiority through the class system; Nations have an enemy of some kind; educational system relies more on competition than cooperation; economies have \"marketing forces\"... .

1. We cannot know past influences which affect a person.
2. We cannot know the presures which afflict a person.
3. We can affirm that a behaviour is objectively wrong.
4. We should only judge ourselves.
5. When we refuse to forgive in our hearts we refuse to let God be the God of forgiveness.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4372 by
So what if you don't love the people who don't love you, and don't love the people who do love you, what then? If god is so merciful, why would there even be a hell? For those times when he doesn't feel like being merciful?

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4375 by
Well, as I've stated before about judgment, I prefer to keep mine in reserve until people prove to me, through some action or whatnot, how they react to me, or someone else, that they are worth being loved, or hated/disliked(I know that some of us here have an aversion to hatred).

But, that's one thing that I could never quite sink my teeth into, loving people regardless of who they are. If someone treats everyone around them like crap, I'm not going to waste \"love\" of any kind on them. If they are kind and benevolent, I'm still not going to expend love on them, until their intentions are proven genuine, because all to often, in this day and age, people pretend to be humanitarians, to get publicity, and to further themselves, I like to call them \"Psychic Vampires\". They feed off of the emotions of everyone around them, to make themselves stand out, like an as of yet un-driven nail.

That's just how I am though, I'm not like everyone else, and I sure as heck don't expect anyone else to be like me, if they were, no one would be as unique as we are intended to be.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4384 by Jon
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

So what if you don't love the people who don't love you, and don't love the people who do love you, what then?
DK

I would say, thank you Br.Dhagon, for a very good description of hell. And like you yourself said \"If you don`t love...\" hell has nothing to do with God but is our decision.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4387 by
He created everything correct? SO that means he created hell, and is the one who sends us there.

You do realize I hope that I'm just trying to make this JEDI TEMPLE a JEDI TEMPLE instead of a BIBLE STUDY.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs, or I guess from your points of view, lack of beliefs on anyone, just trying to make it more...whats the word... un-denominational.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4388 by Jon
So God created then also the Atomic bomb, for example?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4391 by
A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock pile when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.

-Antoine de Saint-Exubery

Be careful to judge without first understanding.

-Anon

Poem...A Little Walk Around Yourself....

When you're criticizing others And are finding here and there

A fault or two to speak of Or a weakness you can't bear.

When you're blaming someone's weakness Or accusing some of self…

It's time that you went out To walk around yourself.

There are lots of human failures In the average of us all.

And lots of grave shortcomings In the short ones and the tall.

But when we think of evils Men should lay upon the shelves,

It's time we all went out To take a walk around ourselves.

We need so often in this life This balancing of scales.

This seeing how much in us wins And how much in us fails.

But before you judge another Just to lay him on the shelf

It would be a splendid plan To take a walk around yourself.

~~ Author Unknown ~~

I don't think Jesus Christ, or quoting the Christian Bible turns the site into a \"Christian\" site - any more than the preponderance of Zen Buddhism quotes make the Jedi Zen Buddhist.

But diversity of culture/religion does show it to be a Jedi Value? However...I would not want to stifle anyone's words which are best known because of heritage over education....?

One of my favorite things to say is that \"Truth (and soundness of judgement) always come to light with time...\".

***Always good to remember, and I do mean for myself...

I need to always remind myself that I will form judgements as a matter of human nature...so long as I leave an open end to change my judgements with time and honest observation....?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4392 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

He created everything correct? SO that means he created hell, and is the one who sends us there.

You do realize I hope that I'm just trying to make this JEDI TEMPLE a JEDI TEMPLE instead of a BIBLE STUDY.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs, or I guess from your points of view, lack of beliefs on anyone, just trying to make it more...whats the word... un-denominational.

DK

I believe that the word you were looking for is, non-denominational

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4394 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

This site is as much about bible study as it is about Tibetan meditation or wiccan ritual. Scrolling through the many threads throughout the various forums I see a great many discussions on the bible, Buddhism, Humanism, the Vedas, a little Nag Hammadi discussion here and there. and I would expect to see more on the same as well as new discussions such as on the Grimiore's, Kabala, Wiccanism, etc...
Having at hand knowledge of all these is what makes for a well rounded Jedi...don't make a simple post such as this more than it is...a sharing of knowledge from the corner of the library i know the most about and spend the most time in. It would be (and is happening everyday) the greatest benefit to us all if we could all merely do the same...and share knowledge from our own corners of the Library.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi