Human emotion

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4308 by
Human emotion was created by
please forgive my oversight, I just posted this in the wrong section (martial arts) so I re-posted it here.;)

I just read a blog about ones sorrow/anger. In reading I was compelled to speak out on this issue in hopes that my words find the right ears and assist the reader in improved mental focus, an attribute essential to force utilization.

Sorrow, anger, jealousy, all all manner of negative emotions, (which are usually directed at someone) are caused by nothing other than fear. This fear comes from our perceptions of what we need. When we subconciously or even conciously feel that we are being neglected somehow, or are not getting what we deserve we experience the emotions assiociated witht he fear of losing that which is \"supposed\" to be there for us.
When we get angry with a spouse it is because we really fear that they are taking a part of themselves from us, initially we feel angry, but if we take the time to quiet the negative voices we will clearly see that our feelings are comming from no where else but our fear of loss or rejection.
When we are angry with ourselves, we are actually not angry with ourselves, instead we are affraid that we are inadequate or lacking somehow.
The human nature is definetly a covetous one... when our greed is allowed to rear it's ugly head it manifests itself as negative emotion. I recommend that when we begin to feel these emotions... we take a moment to examine exactly why we are feeling this way. Everything has a cause, to resolve any issue we must first dig at the root and discover its essence, then may we underatand it completly.

Ultimately we all must understand our strengths and weaknesses, welcome and accept each with a warm embrace, once we know ourselves intimately we can know others in the same way. This is the essence of the force. In knowing the self, all else falls into place.

Shed all illusions of what \"should be\" and embrace what IS. Fear comes from thoughts of what \"might be\". We create what we fear.

may the force be with you all,

Tsukimaster
Jedi Knight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4309 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Human emotion
Couldn`t agree with you more. A lot of what you say is contained in our doctrine. Where as emotions can hold us down on our path, we must forget that they are there for a reason.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4390 by
Replied by on topic Re:Human emotion
Very insightful post. Without understanding our emotions, we stand as incomplete. We can not truely even offer to help another that seeks to understand their emotions because we have nothing to go off of or offer as an example. Sure, we can repeat what we have heard others say, but lip service never does anyone any good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4393 by
I wouldn't say that those emotions come ONLY from fear, though, I'm also not saying that they do not. Negative emotions can come from various things not associated with fear at all. In the instance of being a parent, when a child does not listen to something you tell them to do, you get angry, I experience this quite a bit, especially with one of my children now a teen (shudder). I'm not afraid that she'll grow up doing the wrong thing, it's just the fact that she flat out refused to do what she
she was supposed to do, and instead, planted herself in front of the TV, thereby, causing a problem that arose from that situation where one of her sisters became injured slightly.

So, not all negatives arise from fear, some arise from other things. But, on the same token, they also DO come from fear in other situations.

Good post.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4395 by Jon
Sometimes I wonder what we would do without our emotions. Maybe life would be easier. Does this make life safer? In any case emotions are a challenge from which there is a lot to learn.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4398 by
Live long and Prosper?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4399 by Jon
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Live long and Prosper?

This reminds me a lot of Star Trek. Certainly that might be the case. But what would happen to the dark night of the soul (St.John of the Cross) on our spiritual journey, without emotions?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi