Jedi Online's Library Open for Business

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4280 by
Hey everyone, due to time I don't have much of a chance to participate at many sites but I do check in and read through a number of sites including this one. I hope this is okay to post and in the right place, but if this is a no no or in the wrong place please do what you need!! I just wanted to spread word on a project I have been working on for a couple of months.

This is an announcement about the official opening of Jedi Online’s Writings Database!! A couple of months ago a hit a couple of sites asking people for permission to post their writings in one large database that people could download from and read. It is basically an Online Library. All files are in PDF format which makes it easy for ANYONE to read. You do not even have to register to download the articles. However, the thing that makes this database nice is that it can be added to. If you would like to add a writing to the database, all you have to do is register and you will be able to upload files to the database. The only requirement is you have to follow the instructions on the login page for uploads. There is a certain way each article should be setup to make it easier for everyone to read. All of this is explained on the login page for the Online Library. All articles must also be in PDF format. If you do not have a way to convert to PDF there is a great free program you can install that will allow you to convert anything to PDF, again, this is explained on the login page for the Online Library.

This database is not starting with nothing in it. I spent about a month collecting articles from a number of websites, with the author’s permission. They have all been converted to PDF and uploaded to the database. This was an extremely tedious project as there were about 240 articles that I collected up front. I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Callista Gseran and Maldar for helping me with this. They took a number of the articles and converted them to the proper format which really helped me out and allowed me to get this finished much faster then I could have on my own. So thank you again!!

The Online Library is broken up into categories, and hopefully, there are plenty of categories to cover all the topics needed. However, if you find you need a category created, or, if you can not convert some writings to PDF, there will be a contact form, basically just sending me an email for now but I will have a form method up soon. If you need a category created just let me know in that form/email, or, if you need to send some files to me, just submit your email to me saying you can’t convert your writings and I’ll send you an email so you can email me your writings. The database can also be searched by topic, title, author, and a few other methods.

I hope you all enjoy the writings currently on file and I hope many of you choose to upload your own writings. Just make sure you check the login page so you can find out what you need to do before you upload the writing.

Jedi Online will also be adding a number of other features over the next couple of months, so please check the site frequently for new polls, poll results, more additions to the Jedi Online Library, a complete history of the Jedi movement to date, and many more features coming soon!!

You can find it all at www.jedionline.org

So anyone and all, please add your own writings to the Library so this database will continue to grow and prove to be a powerful resource for members of old and new!!

Please Spread the word on this, I will do my best to hit as many sites as possible!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4283 by
This is the real deal everyone...I checked it out and this one isnt a hoax (sorry Jedi Xhaiden, but we recently had some trouble with this sort of thing. Thank you for sharing this with us.). It actually has much relevant information available, although i was a bit dissappointed not to see any of our many great Masters names under the author line. So Go check it out...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4284 by
No problem, The Jediism Way has been having some serious issues with hackers and spammers over the past couple of months. I think I finally have it situated..lol, but I know what you mean.

I hope to see many from this site add their writings. Just because I was the only one basically collecting everything, I just wanted to get a good starting base. I just posted about this at a couple of sites when I was doing the original collection as it took me just about 4 months to collect and convert what is up there now..lol. Anyway, I will try to stop in more often, can't guarantee I'll post much, but I'll check things out B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4286 by
Jedi Xhaiden wrote:

No problem, The Jediism Way has been having some serious issues with hackers and spammers over the past couple of months. I think I finally have it situated..lol, but I know what you mean.

I hope to see many from this site add their writings. Just because I was the only one basically collecting everything, I just wanted to get a good starting base. I just posted about this at a couple of sites when I was doing the original collection as it took me just about 4 months to collect and convert what is up there now..lol. Anyway, I will try to stop in more often, can't guarantee I'll post much, but I'll check things out B)

Well, We're glad to have you. Stop by anytime and i'm sure we'll see you around. MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4287 by
Thanks, this will be yet another good place to learn the ways of the Force.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4458 by
Just a quick update as Jedi Online is more then just the library....

A new feature I just added since the site really doesn't have a community forum or anything, the site can easily be forgotten about as far as new things. I have just created a newsletter feature that anyone can join. Just register your email address and you will be added to the newsletter list. The site runs a number of polls and surveys that will be updated along with a number of other information topics concerning Jedi. If people want to be notified when a new poll or survey has been added for example, they will be sent an email notifying them of new additions to the site. This is a great and easy way to find out when new polls or surveys are added to the site!!

www.jedionline.org and just click on newsletter on the upper right hand side!!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi