Does Jedi stop at your front door?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4053 by
I pose this question to us all. Something I picked up on the other day, is that for whatever reason, I don't watch myself near as close when in the comfort of my own home. I let my guard down. I'm sure we all do this, because it's home. You are suppose to be able to let your guard down there. It's in the comfort of my home I noticed I lack the patience I normally have when out and about. I'll let myself get mad or upset over little things that really have no bearing on my life or aren't that important. I let my emotions have a loose leash, instead of keeping them reeled in the way I do when I'm not sitting on the couch. I noticed I'm guilty of letting Jedi stop at my front door.
Is not the home the place you should really shine as a Jedi? It is your sanctuary, your place of rest. The trials of faith and training do not lume over you when inside your home. It should make it easier for you to stand firm as a Jedi. It's when at home, with our family, that we should be the most patient, show the most love, and the utmost of control over our emotions. Peace, knowledge, serenity, harmony, and awareness of the Force should be second nature to us when we are relaxed at home.
So, after saying all that, I pose the challenge to all my fellow Jedi. Don't let Jedi stop at your front door.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4058 by
I find myself feeling the same way. But i think it is because in our home, our safe havens, we want everything to be just right and because it is our home it should be right? Nothing in our home should ever be out of place or missing or anything right? If it is, it is mostly our fault or those closest to us right? You see, like it or not there is a big attatchment there. It is 'your' safe place, just as mine is to me. But i am learning now that attatchment isn't so great. I am learning to let go. In the world beyond our front door we expect certain things. We expect there to be good and bad people, we expect the world not to be perfect and for people to make mistakes. But within our home we often expect it to be exactly what we want it to be and nothing less because if it was any less that would make us feel less and so emotions stir. We don't have to be perfect but most human beings try hardest to be when they are at home because the home is a reflection of who we are and we want all things that have anything to do with us to be just as we wish ourselves to be. I am learning to let go but it is very hard, i have a great attatchment to a few things, mostly things that i have had for a while because growing up we moved a lot and we lost most of the things that i grew up with. Now i notice that most of the time that i have something for any period of time i hold on to it with dear life and i need to get past that, I hope this helped and was relevant to the topic.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4065 by
I think of my home as the physical example of my virtues as a Jedi. When I step in the front door not only do I feel comfortable...but in many ways I feel more comfortable being the Jedi I am. In my home...I am certain that I can Master my feelings. I rarely get angry in my home whereas outside of my home it can become more of a struggle. It is My sancuary where I can uninhibitedly be a Jedi. I can be everything In my Home that I do all that I can to be Outside my home...so it's really in many ways a practice grounds.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #4066 by Jon
I couldn`t agree with you more Master Jeff. When I read your article I felt I was reading about myself. Wow! Yes! Maybe one reason for this is that we take what is closest to us for granted. The walls we have learnt to construct around us in life are not present with loved ones, and our level of shame sinks. It is like a water dam. Everything we have built up during the day seems to come out. Very often we live in the hope that when loved ones see our not so pretty side that they will show more understanding. So maybe it is an unconscious cry for help. Everyone needs love!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4092 by
i believe in some way we are all guilty of this sometimes. i myself have gotten mad at someone to impatient at rush hour. we strive to be perfect but we can all come to the realization that we will slip up some time. the other day i cut myself with a chef knife while making pasta salad for a huge party, i was angry with myself because to this day i am still cutting myself lol, not in the trying to kill myself way. so when you are at home relaxed and you feel as though you are not acting in a jedi like manner, do not dwell but fix, brother jeff i feel you are to right in the matter of leaving jeddism at the front door. MTFBWUA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4272 by
Following the force and more specifically the Jedi way is to investigate the self and attain mastery of the self. Self improvement is a process of positive change, no one can perfect these changes overnight. When we feel that we are not fulfilling our duties as Jedi, or more specifically not improving our inner being, this is good! It reminds us that the path to self improvement is a journey of a lifetime. When \"slip ups\" occur, take a moment to recenter your thoughts and use the force to discipline your mind for goodness and sincerity.

Anything attained quickly is not held with great pride.

Tsukimaster
Jedi Knight

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135