WOOT..my daughter and myself got on all 4 local tv channels!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2496 by
the US Postal Service unvieled the new Star Wars Stamp series and the only members of the Tucson FanForce that were not at the C4 celebration, were myself and my kids and 2 others, one of which had both the Vader costume and the TK armor (stormtrooper) so when requested by the USPS to come and be involved with the unvieling, we were honored and of course went. well all but my son who was being a turd so i told him to go lay in the backyard where that kinda thing belongs lol. all 4 tv channels were there (4,9,11,13) and the local newspaper as well. as it was a TFF event, i couldn't directly promote TOTJF or TOTJO, however off camera many were surprized/shocked to learn i was an Ordained Minister Of The Force. the local newspaper might do an article on me at a later date, as the reporter there was very interested and took my phone number and said he would contact me in a few weeks so we shall see.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #2497 by Garm
cool way to strike up some good PR

Lenny O.C.P.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2508 by
Could be some good PR indeed. How fortunate for you and your family to be able to get involved like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2532 by
Very cool indeed. I myself am used to going on local TV(Boy scouts put me in that situation a lot.)

Always nice to spread the word even in a small way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2535 by
VERY good and very cool! That could very well serve the purpose of a Temple in the area, eventually. Good PR never hurts!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2542 by
i am the type who doesn't like to be on tv. so congratulations and i am glad you ave the opportunity to do this. i am glad you and you're kids had fun, MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2556 by
thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragment

here is a link to the pics of us at the usps for the unvieling:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/USPS%20Stamp%20Premiere/

there will be more, when rob at the post office sends them lol.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2592 by Jon
I live in Germany and I think its great what you are doing over there. We here are not as far yet. Faiths outside Roman Catholic and Evangelical do not have it so easy, and there is great suspicion. Religions are very much state controlled. Especially in Bavaria. I am very happy for you.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi