Where do we go?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2472 by
Where do we go? was created by
Ok, heres something to ponder. This question was posed to me by a friend and fellow soldier that said he would visit the website just to see the answer: \"Since we claim to be one with the Force; when we die, where do we go? If you put aside all the religious differences from all the different types of people represented, where would you all go? Do you become part of the 'actual energy' of the Force? What about the Sith? Do they become equal parts with you in that energy?\"

I think that once he fishes around for the answer to his question he might stick around. So please expound, my brothers and sisters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2474 by
Replied by on topic Re:Where do we go?
Serric wrote:

Ok, heres something to ponder. This question was posed to me by a friend and fellow soldier that said he would visit the website just to see the answer: \"Since we claim to be one with the Force; when we die, where do we go? If you put aside all the religious differences from all the different types of people represented, where would you all go? Do you become part of the 'actual energy' of the Force? What about the Sith? Do they become equal parts with you in that energy?\"

I think that once he fishes around for the answer to his question he might stick around. So please expound, my brothers and sisters.

I am speaking as John and not as a Jedi teacher.

You do not go anywhere because you did not come from anywhere.

Less Zen and probably more satisfying is ... you go back to the same place you were before you were born.

John Henry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2475 by
Third option ... just going by the movies and original scripts as well as the novels of the movies you could say:

into oblivion

merge with the force

with special knowledge retain your personal identity so as to be conscious and able to communicate with others and this is implied to be a Light side power

just fan movie thoughts

John Henry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2476 by
12. Jedi believe in eternal life. We do not become obsessed in mourning those who pass. Grieve as you will but take heart, for the soul and spirit continue in the netherworld of the Living Force.

There is no Death; There is the Force.

Just as Energy changes forms, But is niether created nor destroyed, so to do we change forms. In a sense we go back to the Force. We become one with it. and in doing so, one with everything.

It is most easily understood by understanding the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Zeroth law

\"If two thermodynamic systems are in thermal equilibrium with a third, they are also in thermal equilibrium with each other.\"

This shows how we become one with the force, through equilibrium.

First law

\"In any process, the total energy of the universe remains constant.\"

What this means is that the amount of energy in the Universe is the same at all times despite whatever forms that energy may be in.

Like this, all of the Force remains constant. it does not become more nor does it lessen. As we are part of the Force, when we die, we do not cease to be, but change back to the raw materials of the Force.

Second Law

There is no process that, operating in a cycle, produces no other effect than the subtraction of a positive amount of heat from a reservoir and the production of an equal amount of work.

This tells us that we are moving towards a state of entropy. that all energy will at one time become one form. So death is only a natural part of this process. We will again become Part of the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2477 by
the soul is energy, and as we have descovered through science, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only change form. with this in mind, when the flesh fails and our soul is seperated, we have the choice of re-joining the Living Force that permiates all of existance and everything in it, or taking the journey of the flesh once again and being reborn in the flesh. some do not believe in reincarnation. however with so many past life experiences recounted by millions worldwide, its hard not to believe in it. to address the issue of whether the sith would also have this choice, yes they would re-join the same stream of the Living Force, for when they are seperated from the flesh where-in they considered themselves sith, and used the Force in the way sith do, the absolute truth of reality is revealed and understood, so in this form, as a disembodied soul, as energy, there is neither good or bad, dark or light, only the stream of the Living Force, or once again the journey of the flesh or in the case of someone who has lived as a sith and committed acts that leave a stain on the soul, such as murder for example, then many times the soul knows this was not good and feels the need to learn a lesson or pay some sort of pentance, and instead of returning in the body of a human, choose to be reborn into an animal, or plant such as a tree, and learn what is needed, or they just re-join the stream of the Living Force and become one with all that is or was or will be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2485 by
Another way of viewing this is from a Christian Jedi point of view and not a \"pure\" Jedi view as previously mentioned. As Christians (and that includes Catholics) we believe that when we die, we Go to Heaven. Many Catholics (though not all, mind you) believe that before you go to heaven you go to purgatory in order to fully cleanse your soul to be ready for Heaven, which is just a step in the process that is not within the Protestant view. Either way However, the concept is of going to Heaven. But what does Going to heaven mean? It simply means a rejoining with God.

If then we are rejoining with God, as Jedi this coincides with rejoining the Force. And just as our Christian Soul is the Raw material for life, So too is our soul the raw material of life in the Force. So then rejoining God (going to Heaven) is the same for a Christian Jedi as Rejoining the Force.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2491 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Where do we go?
If we die and we are no longer just feeling the Force but have become one with this then it could be said that we are right there where we were. We are present in the most intensive way possible: in, through and between creation.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2492 by
OK, we are touching all over the spiritual aspect, now what about the physical? I think the original intention of my soldier's question was that since the movies say we \"become one with the Force\", what happens to us that don't live long, long ago and far, far away? I know the answers to these questions, and you know the answers to these questions, I think he wants an actual Star Wars explanation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2499 by
Br. Serric wrote:
\"I think he wants an actual Star Wars explanation.\"

Br. Serric,
this question might be better posed at a \"role playing\" site rahter than here. we offer real answers, real opinions on these subjects and if a \"star wars\" answer he seeks, one of fiction not reality, perhaps seeking this answer at a site that deals with the specific movies and fictional cosmologies could be where his suitable answer lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2821 by
Greetings, Serric, i like your question. I do not have a \"Star Wars\" answer for your friend, but i do hold firm to a belief and will outline it briefly. If you wish to discuss anything further, please feel free to PM me.

In my opinion (!) :) we are all sent forth as satellite beings, but part of the One Great Consciousness, or the Creative Force. This is where we came from.

In order for any Consciousness to be \"all knowing\", it must have experienced everything, hence the need for satellite beings to exist in a semi-random manner with freedom of choice the ultimate precursor to the successful completion of the problem: to know all one must do everything. I believe that when every possible option of existence, the murderer and the murdered, the rich and the poor, the obese and the starving, the successful and the failures, as well as poor and plenty, rich seasons and droughts, great weather and hurricanes, the All will be complete. That is what we are doing here.

When we die, i believe we return to where we came from, a part of the One Great Consciousness. Whether or not we are a living, active part of the conscious memory, with applicable lessons garnered from our time here; or a bad time best forgotten, stowed in a hellish darkness of things \"on the way out\" of the conscious memory, that is the purpose of our journey, and the reason we as a race have developed morality, justice, law and fair play.

These are just the thoughts of someone tired with fighting every step of the way in my rebellious years, and who is happy to walk in the Lightside. Others may disagree, and i urge you to listen to their beliefs, as they are as valid as mine.

MTFBWY
thud

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi