A little advice from a Master to others.....

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 10 months ago #2390 by Neaj Pa Bol
Jedi.... A term that not many look at in a realistic way because of the portrait from the movie versions and the Books/Novels....

So we who call ourselves Jedi are not the identical portraits that many have come to know. But, in time, as we grow, people will see what it is that we say is being a Jedi.

One of the major crossroads in my life was to understand, with clarity, how one becomes a Jedi and also learns to grow within that, brings out a solid view of what it is to be a Jedi. Let alone the words, Apprentice/Padawan, Knight and Master.

Many are anxious to become an apprentice so that they can work to become a Knight and eventually a Master. Patience is the most difficult emotion most times. but patience is one of the greatest emotions of a Jedi.

For all that are seeking a Master let me say this.... The time will come for you. Yet this is one of the first lessons.... Patience. Patience is an intergril part of being a Jedi...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2393 by Jon
So true. This something I am trying every day of my life, and failing every day of my life. But in daily practice lies a hope, a vision, which is avery important Jedi aspect. There is a saying, that you are what you eat. When I eat a vegetable or a piece of meat then this becomes a piece of me. My body takes up the substances, my constitution is strengthened and any deficiencies that are present in the food also makes me weak. By taking in a daily dosis of patience I hope one day to become patience, and one step closer to a fullfilled Jedi.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2537 by
so true, patience is so hard to maintain, espicially for long periods of time, I hope to fully learn it some day, along with all aspects of being Jedi, like patience, giving up material things, etc.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 10 months ago #2543 by Jon
I think this is where community, TOTJO comes in. We share our patience and forgive impatience. Only in the openness of mind and heart is there any chance for change. Its not always easy, especially when we are told something we don`t want to hear. In the Temple you will always find an open ear and honest advice.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2544 by
take up a hobby one that takes time, knitting, car models, something like that. to get patience you must make you're self patient. you ever want to do something but you blame A.D.D. or A.D.H.D., thats part in parcel with patience. i suffer from ADD but i have better patience and understanding than many others. it is possible just make sure you really want to, because if you don't you will not accomplish it. so keep up the practice. and good luck MTFBWYA

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 10 months ago #2553 by Jon
Sorry Bishop Dan I got the idea, but could you enlighten me as to what ADD and ADHD means?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2565 by
ADD= Attention Deficit Disorder

ADHD=Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2571 by
patience is the hardest thing to find and even harder to keep, at a moments notice you can loose it and then have to find it all over again. having children multiplies this exponentially

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 10 months ago #2589 by Jon
How true Bylar, having children is the best way to learn patience. Strangely enough my daughter has been one of my greatest teachers. How confident I was in my conception of being an adult, but my daughter has revealed great deficits. Also Bishop Dan is right that in achieving patience you have to really want to. This has to be a fundamental decision.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi