Do or Do Not; There Is No Try!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #2232 by
\"Do or do not; there is no try!\" --Yoda

Why is this statement so important? Why not try?

The answer is simple. Giving it a try is insufficient. Trying always assumes the possibility of giving up.

\"To try something means to put it on trial, to test it or experiment with it. We try on clothes to see if they fit, we try new shampoo to see if it gets our hair clean, we test drive a car to see if we want to buy it. Trying is tentative; doing means “to deal with for good and all; to finish up.”\" (Dick Staub, Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters. Jossey-Bass Publishing, 2005)

We must take that leap of faith in our quest for the Force. If we do not make that leap of Faith, we cannot be fully in the Force, because the true peace and power of the Force is only available to doers, not dabblers. We cannot simply dabble, we must be doers. If for you the possibility of failure exists at all, then you more than likely will. We must be vigilant. We must only do. That is what this sentence means to us. That is what Yoda was trying to tell Luke. You must have the resolve; have the courage to make that decision whether you will be fully in and under the will of the Force or not.

Do or Do Not; There is no try.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
17 years 2 days ago #2233 by Neaj Pa Bol
Excellent Post..... I Highly recommend, A MUST READ for any Jedi.... \"Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters.\" by Dick Staub, Jossey-Bass Publishing, 2005.

Many insightful lessons and thoughts in this book.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 day ago #2241 by
Replied by on topic Re:Do or Do Not; There Is No Try!
i think all the ones seeking a master, ones that have master, and the ones who are new should read this very carefully for this is a fact of which we live by. remember to give up on things is not an option for a light jedi. we must never give up on ourselves or others. i always say, te difference in people is some say i want to do something, and the others say i will do something. anyone can want to do something but it takes a man, a jedi, a women, to do it. thank you Br. Tom for this post i think everyone will find it very insightful. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11379 by
i would like to resurrect this post because i agree 100%. EVERYONE needs to read this and understand it, but more so live by it.

Jedi have sworn a serious oath to protect, to love, to serve and to DO. not TRY. Jedi have the potential to be one of the most influential forces in good in this day and age, but we as Jedi musn't just think about it and sit idly by. To be a Jedi is to be proactive in peace and security. So i admonish everyone to leave their thoughts and stories of DOING.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11407 by
this is one of the crucial wisdom's we hold dear. excellent post!!!! These things are so good to read now and then, to help us keep focus and remain grounded in the force.
thanks
MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11448 by
That quote from Yoda is my favorite. \"Do or do not, There is no try.\" What else needs to be said. Do it. Or don't. Anything in between is a waste of time!

What a great lesson for each of us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11776 by
You must have the resolve; have the courage to make that decision whether you will be fully in and under the will of the Force or not.

Do or Do Not; There is no try.[/quote]

And I'd add the perseverance to see it through no matter how long something takes. Time is meaningless because it's not the destination or goal that shapes us in the end anyway.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi