Padawan Braids and Artistic Expierements

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #194 by
So since no one here really knows me I'll introduce the question bit.
I have been curious abut hair styles for a while, and as a result I've gone through a few expierements myself.
I used to shave it all short, then I moved to having the top twice as long.
Next I let it grow out and got this rediculious fro of frizzy hair. Eventually it was long enough that I got corn rows and found that I really liked them .. did corn rows 3 times, for a total of almost 4 months.
After taking them out the third time my hair had grown to about 5 inches and these rediculiously well kept shirly temple curls came out. I've had my hair growing with nothing but shampoo and conditioner for like 6 months now and the shirly temple curls have stayed, and they're pretty cool.
Well now its been a while and I've decided I want to try something new, which I've decided is dreadlocks. I intended to have blue dreadlocks but apparently the blue dye sucks so I'm not going to bother. BUt for the last two months I've been intending to keep a portion of my hair left alone no matter what I do so that when I cut the dread locks off and return to about an inch of hair or so I can have a little jedi padawan braid. Sounds cheezy but I like the idea. SO, thus the post:

I attached an image because now that I am getting close to doing something with my hair I realized that I don't know where to braid it from? above the ear? behind it? at the temple? Where the heck does it go so that it looks good.

Anyways, if anyone is so inclined, let me know what you think about the different zones, a, b, or c, or you can suggest somewhere in between. All the photos I have are of the braid behind the ear, but I can't tell if it starts there or if it starts from the temple and they tuck it behind their ear?

THanks!!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #423 by
thanks for the input:huh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 5 days ago #712 by
Sorry, I've been meaning to comment on this and have been pressed for time lately. I would have to go with C for your choice of location, A and B would make the top of the braid visible, which , I think, would detract from the look of it. As far as how they were in the movies I think (I'm no kind of expert) that it started at the base of the hairline, on the right side, almost like a rat tail from the 80's only braided and on the side. I beleive it would have to be some pretty thick hair or a decent sized patch to get a good braid out of it though. Good luck with whatever you choose, and try to post up a pic or two once you get it going.

Dhagon Krayt

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 5 days ago #716 by
Hah, thank you for some input. I wasn't necessarily trying to match the movie exactly, but I figured that to get the body of hair necessary I would have someone do a sort of french braid starting in the lower half of B and curve it down to the bottom of C where the braid would start, that way its at least thicker at the top.

Either way, this is also part of a process involving Dreadlocks and shaved, so I will get a sort of hair progression photo-reel thing going so everyone can see the true nature of this little artistic hair expierement.

Thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 5 days ago #720 by
if the movie gave you the idea watch episode one the phantom menace watch the making they show how they did the hair. Personally i would go with A you can have it infront of the ear and also if need be tuck it behind the ear. hope that helps

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 5 days ago #741 by
I was actually originally thinking asbout that and may still put them up there. The initial desire to have braids was instilled in me a good handful of years ago while practicing at my former dojo. A practicioner there was fairly intimidating and though I don't have a good picture of his braids he had two that came right out of his temples and if he chose not to tie them back, would flick you as you sparred. COmbined with his white sun-burst contacts he was quite the fun opponent. Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 5 days ago #747 by
thats sounds like a friend of mine in aikido lol. he would do the same thing and of course in aikido its all about self defence so it was intresting. make sure when you decide you let us know how it came out.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1066 by
Well here we go. I preface this with the strange over the head myspace posture beig due to the fact that getting my hair out of the way(which won't be here for long) required it.

I decided on the temple because as you can see it can be put behind the ear and that way I have options. I'll be adding one to the other side as soon as I find a place to get dreads done, which should be entertaining to say the least.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1069 by
looks good brother are you happy with it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1070 by
Something to think about. I would put it in slot B because to me it seems to be the most logical place to put it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi