Anticipation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13755 by
Replied by on topic Re:Anticipation
Jon wrote:

I think we should be very careful about how we label other religions. Just because we for one reason or another could not cope with these does not mean that others don`t. Jedi should be able to look beyond the limits of their own garden fences and see into the horizon. There are a lot of people finding answers and giving answers in most religions. To generalise is quite condescending, and distracting from an important question of \"where did I go wrong?\"

And there's the rub. It's not really the religion at fault (Except for Satanisim, filthy heathens!!!) for peoples actions. To me it's this habit we silly humans have of ascribing absolute truth to any one path thereby polarizing are perspectives to only allow truth to be told from that one point of view and labeling all others \"Truths\" as false. If we don't give our truth a capitol \"T\" then we can learn from everyone and everything around us, as I believe it was meant to be. A religion should change your world from the inside out, not the other way around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #13757 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Anticipation
And let's be even more careful about labeling people. Considering the name calling and insults hurled about this weeks topic 'What's Wrong With The Drug War' (if I don't agree with you I'm a druggie) I wonder if next week I'll be called a pedophile or a child molester when our topic is 'The Age of Consent' and someone disagrees with me. I hope not.

I have not seen name calling or personal insults around here for a long time and I thought we were above all that.

Actually we are above all that so just laugh and enjoy your Temple.

No member shall fear to express themselves or submit a radical proposal.

No member shall fear to argue against or for a proposal with logic, evidence, references and polite debate.

Founder of The Order

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #13758 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Anticipation
These are ideals that make our temple great...Again...well said.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi