What If... Just a thought

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13547 by
What If... Just a thought was created by
A number of years back, I was working in a city of just over 130,000. The main industry was car manufacturing, ship building, steel plants and parts. There is a local Community College and a University.

At the time I was living in this community, I came to the conclusion that this place was going to be my downfall when I thought about the what ifs and whether or not there was some force of some kind holding me back, or was I holding me back. Was there a way out? Was I stuck? Could I get out.

When I thought about the place I lived, I realized that the local government was there to serve the people that lived there, as well as the businesses and manufacturing plants. This also included how the community lived. What the houses looked like. Where they shopped. What you did there.

Then I thought about this... What if the community designed itself with its educational resources to teach the people that lived there, how to live. The education was all structured around manufacturing. So If you got educated in the community, attended its Colleges or Universities, you could have a job just like your parents or neighbor. No one has a bigger house than the person next door. No one could tell how poor or how well off you were or how you managed your money. The manufacturing plants would give you a deal on a car. So now you & your neighbors all drive the same or similar cars.

You live in a quagmire. The city you live in has now kept you there preventing you from what you could achieve.

Now... how to get out...

Your way out #1 - Education - Attend the University and take courses that are not related to the structure of the community. You might find out that you will have to move to another community to take a course because the one you live in, doesn't teach that field of study

Way Out #2 - Find a job in a new place that has a better chance of advancement.

Way Out # 3 Network

Way Out #4 Start a business so you can do what you want. You are still there but you are your own boss and not relying on other people. People rely on you.

This was just a thought..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13576 by
Replied by on topic Re:What If... Just a thought
wow, that is exactly what i am planning on doing, lol. I will be moving to AZ to get a better job and attend college, then i plan on opening a New Age store :).

Where I live it is very, very hard to find a job. My fiancee has actively been looking for a few months now, it took me like 2 months to get the job i have now after 4 interviews.

See even though your situation involves being stuck in a job, at least it would have been work if you weren't getting out of it. Out here you are lucky to get even that. They put up colleges where you are lucky to find a job in the feilds. They send out hundreds of people into those fields each year and expect everyone to find job emediately, and then when you don't its because 'you didn't use the job placement properly' well yeah, how can you when you don't have a car? It gets to where you need money to get a car, you need a car to get a job but you need a job to get money. I would have had a job so long ago if i could get like 5 cities over by bus in one hour. That is impossible around here. anyway, i don't want to complain to much because it is getting all better now. yey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi