Thoth and Thamus

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #371076 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0jqMO63SUg&list=PLc4s09N3L2h3HtaAYVqOVKGt2h6wRasw2

Here is a small video I found. It does not belong to us as a Temple and the thoughts are that of the OP. It may expire at any time.

The question is ARE WE GETTING SMARTER or are we digressing with and over time. We have Text and Emoji's and even what some think them to be equal to Hieroglyphs. Are Emojis equal to glifs? Is the human way of communication getting stronger or weaker? How do you use them? .

Some people can not read cursive in my family.
Some can not and do not read at all.
Some use symbols only.
There are people in the world who can not communicate at all.

What happened to humans?
Are we growing wiser or are we growing more in the opposite direction? Thoughts? Do pictures make us weak or strong when it comes to communication?

People communicate all the time. There is NO stopping one from sharing with another. People will make up new ways to communicate and are every day.
Something to think about.

What do you think as Jedi? Are the fundamentals important? What are the fundamentals? Is expressing yourself important in the grand scheme of things and in our paths?
We have had this discussion on DISCORD but I figured here is a good place to start it here. Bring what you got and lets discuss it.

Pastor Carlos

Ps Feel free to look up Thoth and Themis and cite ANY place you find it. I would love to see good citations.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Loudzoo, Skryym, Fabio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #371077 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Thoth and Thamus
A good short listen! I love the concept of "embeddedness". I think we take it for granted in a highly mobile society with a "liquid" workforce, but the wisest people are (seemingly) those who have lived in one place their whole life and profit from generations of indigenous / successional knowledge. They are able to store and recall information about people, weather, landscapes, etc. to an astonishingly relevant degree.

I got my BS in 2019 and will likely get my MS early in 2023 here. Honestly, I feel LESS knowledgeable and hirable than when I was fresh out of undergrad. All those hundreds of ours spent memorizing biological names and forest science principles has been basically reduced to a few "adages", for lack of a better word. It's appaling how much time, money, and energy are wasted in school when I think our brains are better at learning and applying information in communities, apprenticeships (in the trade sense, but maybe the Jedi sense too), and vocational settings. Not to hijack the conversation towards labor :silly:

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo

More
1 year 4 months ago #371078 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Thoth and Thamus
"We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge as made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all."
Charlie Chaplin in the movie "The Great Dictator" as the barber in the Barbers speech.

Cell phone and smartphone keep us in contact at the mere fingertip and we seem to be so distant still. Some say there is a world we live in of an "APP World."

Is communication lacking now that we have no reason to NOT communicate? Now we don't because we can? I can speak with any one ALMSOT any country today.

I do apologize for this, knowing you are the tree type but a fire can keep communication and pass things still to this day like a book. We have even written down the story's by the fires for us to have too.
Thank you for the time Skryym.

How do we find the EMBEDNESS in our paths and seek?

Enter Mentors! I am a firm believer in mentors and how the whole process works. Smileyface. In the Hero's Journey it is the Mentors that can aid in pointing the Hero to the past.
Over time things get spent. I think it is a good thing to let things "simmer" a bit longer. Some days we do need communicating and some days we can unplug. Finding a good balance is tricky. Do all these ways to keep in touch actually keep us closer to one another?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo, Skryym

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi