Before Star Wars (The Music)

More
2 years 4 months ago #364827 by Streen
A friend of mine informed me of some music that was written by a guy named Gustav Holst, called "The Planets", written about 30 years before Star Wars. If you listen to it, you'll see some very direct parallels to what John Williams wrote for Star Wars:

https://youtu.be/Isic2Z2e2xs

(Just listen for about a minute and you'll see what I mean)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Lewis22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #364838 by River
Replied by River on topic Before Star Wars (The Music)
It's especially obvious in Mars, for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
2 years 4 months ago #364845 by Lewis22
Really gives the meaning of Williams' great work. Very inspirational music. Thank you!

“Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest. In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain. Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” Sun Tzu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #364847 by Carlos.Martinez3

Streen wrote: A friend of mine informed me of some music that was written by a guy named Gustav Holst, called "The Planets", written about 30 years before Star Wars. If you listen to it, you'll see some very direct parallels to what John Williams wrote for Star Wars:

https://youtu.be/Isic2Z2e2xs

(Just listen for about a minute and you'll see what I mean)

Streen, love this. My family, mainly me and the boy have done the origins of John Willy and his stuff! Carol of the bells is one we did notice that happen to be very paralell to John's stuff too. I can not thank you enough for these. May the Force continue to be with you , I love these!!!

Edit after posting: What do you think he listens to on his players or I pod ... everyone is influenced by some one.

Attachment Screenshot_20211222-143107_Gallery.jpg not found

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi