Give Examples of How You Apply Jediism to Everyday life

More
2 years 3 months ago #364555 by ZealotX
Give Examples of How You Apply Jediism to Everyday life

Can you apply it to personal finances, investing, gardening, chores, shopping, eating, watching sports, etc?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #364558 by River
I apply Jediism to pretty much everything I do. I'm constantly considering the principles of mindfulness, compassion, balance, and continual learning in particular, which I consider aspects of jediism. I can handle my finances in a balanced way that allows for a bit of both saving and fun spending by being mindful of my needs versus wants and compassionate with both my current and future self. In all of my interactions I do my best to be mindful of my own perspective and to use compassion to consider other people's perspectives. As I do dishes I practice mindedness of the moment, of my movements, of the sensory experiences of water and soap, as well as practicing compassionate service to my household.

I don't know how to separate being a Jedi from everything that I do: I am a Jedi, and always striving to be a better one, all of the time, not just when I'm in the Discord or working on a lesson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX, Diana W, Serenity Amyntas

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 3 months ago #364560 by
I mainly apply Jediism practices during my job as a social worker with prisoners. I sometimes find myself having a difficult time during the day, and will utilize these times to do something mindfully, find clarity of emotions, and reconnect myself to the whole. In doing so it helps me to see the connection to myself and even these prisoners, and helps me to empathize with them and find peace in the work that I do.

I utilize jedist practices even during my kung fu practice also when I practice my bodyguard martial art BajiQuan. It helps me to stay focused, patient with myself, and really mindful as to ensure that i'm performing the movements correctly so I can be as accurate as possible when molding my muscle memory.

More
2 years 3 months ago #364582 by Adder
For me my Jediism is mostly 'Force-ism' than 'Knight-ism'. I don't have a framework to extend my values to helping others outside of my close circle - other than in overt situations that need it (like emergencies). That said it's my nature and so I tend to enjoy helping those in my close circle when they need it, but I'm perhaps quite introverted and not qualified or employed in a useful field like I might have liked. At the moment besides my persistent efforts on 'Force-ism', I'm busy as attorney for my elderly parent-in-laws who need 24/7 physical and mental care, and keeping the good ship Adder afloat and on course :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX, Diana W, River

More
2 years 3 months ago #364591 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/115769-the-block

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
2 years 3 months ago #364596 by ZealotX
All excellent responses. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
2 years 3 months ago #364622 by Diana W
Similar to Adder, I'm a bit of an introvert and tend to be more helpful and 'jedi-like' to those who are closest to me. But if I see a stranger in need of help - however big or small that is - I am one of the first to jump in to assist however way I am able.

Mostly, however, I use jediism inwardly to help myself overcome issues and be a better person than I was yesterday.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
2 years 3 months ago #364629 by Kobos
So, I like to simplify this in my mind.

I be nice to people. Sometimes it's hard, particularly when being nice doesn't mean "being nice" but isn't that what I have been training for.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi