Guardians: A Discussion for Realists

More
2 years 9 months ago #361030 by Adder
The three are one!
Hehe, being one of those things which I think are integral to the path, and so probably represent different measures of temporal frames which determine different saturations of focus; and as an action, as a generating impetus ie guardian is to generating action (and therefore a more defined result), sentinel is to generating awareness, and consular is to generating interaction (and therefore a less defined result).

What does that mean.... different natures of focus, things like different restraints and priorities shaping applications of one resources in accumulation, analysis and determinations. Sorta like its not a question of how sharp a blade is, but whether its the right shape to be employed effectively.

How can that manifest in application.... maybe guardians are direct, sentinels indirect, and consulars symbolic :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361031 by

Adder wrote: The three are one!

Arisaig in OP wrote: We all have a little of each of the Three Paths within us.

I also did request staying on the topic of Guardians. Consulars and Sentinels will be discussed at a later time.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #361032 by Alexandre Orion

Arisaig wrote:

Nakis wrote: In the Israel and Palestine conflict, there's a video of a soldier about to throw a grenade at a bus with people (non-combatants) who stopped when they realized they were on camera. Even the simple act of observation can take Schrodinger's crimes and change the outcome. And yet, in both cases if the recorder was to interfere, their recording equipment would have been destroyed and the evidence and awareness impacts lost.

I had something like that happen quite recently. Actually, a few times. Someone tried to swing at me in the parking lot of my work, so I reminded him how many angles I had on the situation, all recorded. Really took the fight outta him. Also had a flatmate threatening me with a door between us, but when he realized there was cameras on him at all time, he would simply yell at me and insult me. Thankfully, the camera stopped him from doing anything physical.

Its sad we have gotten to this age where cameras are responsible for stopping potential crimes, war or otherwise, but I for one am glad for it. The fact anyone can record evidence now is both terrifying, but does make daily living feel a bit more secure.

It sometimes isn't even necessary that we are aware of our influence on those bent on violence.

A wonderful testamony to how we can be a conduit for the Force whether we are acting consciously or not came to me a few years ago in the vestiaire of the gym. A new bloke who I didn't recognise at all came up to me and thanked me. He went on to explain that a few years prior, we had crossed paths in a bar. At that time, he was engaged in a differend with another geez at the bar and he was just about to take the matter outside - if it even got outside before erupting. Quite incidentally, I just showed up at the bar to order a drink. I didn't even know what was going on between those two before I got up there. I had been to something earlier in the evening (I don't remember what exactly) where I had put on my robe. That apparently was what got his attention. All I did was smile and say "bonsoir." He told me that was all it took : that sincere smile and "bonsoir" (and perhaps my allure in a tattered Jedi robe) and his anger abated. The potential fight was avoided.

As aforementioned, I wasn't made aware of any of that until the same bloke saw me at the gym and felt the desire to express gratitude. No lightsabre, no martial art, no surveillance cameras, no words of warning nor even any pacifist peace preaching were necessary. Nor even was an awareness of the mounting conflict. Only a sincere smile and a cordial "bonsoir" - in short, just a moment of shared humanity.

Naturally, it doesn't always work out so well. Sometimes we must be more aware of what is going on around us and sometimes we must act. Yet, what I'm trying to draw upon here is that we ought be very careful not to have a personal identity aspect to anything we do. Our involvement must be regarded as the same whether we think/believe we choose what we do or whether our action is limited to just being there.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361037 by

Alexandre Orion wrote: As aforementioned, I wasn't made aware of any of that until the same bloke saw me at the gym and felt the desire to express gratitude. No lightsabre, no martial art, no surveillance cameras, no words of warning nor even any pacifist peace preaching were necessary. Nor even was an awareness of the mounting conflict. Only a sincere smile and a cordial "bonsoir" - in short, just a moment of shared humanity.

Exactly. Peace where one is, the Art of the Guardian. <3

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #361055 by Adder

Arisaig wrote:

Adder wrote: The three are one!

Arisaig in OP wrote: We all have a little of each of the Three Paths within us.

I also did request staying on the topic of Guardians. Consulars and Sentinels will be discussed at a later time.

Indeed, but since they are related terms the being on-topic found itself requiring inclusion of them. Coincidentally I might also explain the others, but that is less going off-topic and more context in staying on-topic. Don't you think? Anyway... now were really off-topic :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi